me

as the sunlight briefly shined through the curtains, you took the slightest bit of effort to open your eyes. you picked your phone up to check the time and it was a quarter to nine. turning your head, you avoided the light that strained your newly awoken phase as you pushed yourself up slowly.

if it weren't for whatever helped you out of your constant misery, you would have been huddled back up in bed right when your consciousness woke up, especially during days when you don't have to go to school. months ago you were trapped in your old and dark bubble, hissing at the mere feeling of light touching you like as if you were afraid of it. things have changed and you couldn't be any happier.

you smiled to yourself as the memory of last month replayed in your head. you were releasing a series of heavy sighs, venting out your frustrations towards the number of projects assigned to you, and to top it all, you had to do it all by yourself since your supposed partner decided not to exist wherever you went.

his right hand found your shoulder as it lazily drops itself over it, pulling you closer as you let out another heavy sigh. "what's wrong?" his thumb tapped your shoulder as you roll your eyes slowly. you were graduating in a few months, yet you couldn't understand why your professors had to assign projects altogether at once. the amount of responsibility already frustrated you enough, and it only worsened when you didn't have anyone else to work with but you yourself alone.

you leaned back, shaking your head as a slight pout formed on your lips. "it's just.. school has been stressing me out, but it's fine, i just feel frustrated," you told him as he listened.

"is there anything i can help you with?" he spoke back, his thumbs unconsciously forming tiny circles on your clothed shoulder. it was a thing he liked to do, gracing his fingers against your skin, creating tiny shapes as he takes you in. it was a habit of his, a habit which you found oddly comforting.

you shook your head, "it's alright, besides i'm kind of used to working alone. it's just a lot more work to do than before but i can do it." you smiled at him as he furrowed his brows. "what do you mean alone? is it some kind of a group project?"

"no, it's mostly in partners, i don't really know why though," you shrugged.

"a partner project? and you work alone?" his tone confused as you giggled at his adorably worried voice.

"yeah. i've never really had anyone to talk to since i really don't initiate so it's kind of my fault, but i'm fine, really. i have hyerin, but i don't really know about now since she's still kind of avoidi--"

"i'll be your partner. how many subjects are partnered projects?" he interrupted you as soon as the idea came to his mind.

baekhyun was always the one to reach out and you would always feel bad. it was times like these where you feel guilty for bringing up a subject that he'll consider offering help whenever it came to mind. you try to kindly decline but he'd always disagree.

it was something about you that would always have him doing things he used to hate doing, but for your sake he'd do it in a flash. if it meant for you to feel less unhappy then he'll do it without hesitation, even if you try to stop him.

"i know what you'll say. but come on, y/n. it'll be fun, don't you want the byun baekhyun as your partner?" he smirked, and you scoffed lightly before returning a question back to him.

"are you sure? there are three subjects for partner projects, and it's mostly research and term."

he licked his lips as he looked up cockily, "theres nothing i can't do, sweetheart."