die

warning: kind of graphic smut im sorRY

----
your head twitched at the mere feeling of warm light passing through the curtains, shining over your lids. you opened the both of them slowly, feeling your conscious mind slowly coming back to your senses. you wake up to the sight of your boyfriend, his cold fingers slowly sliding against your cheek, with an indescribable look plastered on his face.

he looked ethereal—the faint light of morning fluidly fell around his form. his disheveled hair falling downwards, tangling with his lashes just right under his brows. he managed to crack a smile, greeting you with his morning husky voice. you smiled back as you stuffed your face on the crook of his neck, hiding away the redness that started to grow on your cheeks. his arms automatically wrapped around you, pulling you in the warmth of his morning skin glowing against your own.

it was moments like these where things just seem to be enough for you. where all your worries and struggles in life seem to not bother you one bit, and you were contented enough with the temporary feeling of not having to be carried away by your dark thoughts for once. it was times like these where you'd actually love to witness the rays of sunlight gracing through the window and shining down onto the floor, spreading throughout the entire room and onto your tangled limbs. wherein months ago, you'd turn your head away from the mere sight of light, almost as if your body would burn at the slightest touch of it on your bare skin.

his warm skin felt soft against yours, as if your bodies were surely meant for each other. the way his limbs would wrap around your whole entire frame, engulfing you whole with him and how your body would fit perfectly into his. the feeling of his hair tickling your skin, and the way the corners of his lips would curve upwards and into a smile—everything seemed to be enough, because all you ever wanted and needed was with you, right there, right in front of you, with his heartbeat on par with yours.

your bodies remained connected, feeling his familiarity combing through your strands. the usual habit of his fingers wandering around your body, admiring your presence even with just the slightest slidings of his fingertips. you smiled at the usual touches, tilting your head to the back to meet his eyes as he lowered his to meet yours.

"are you hungry?" he asked in almost a whisper, earning a light giggle from you, and a nod following after. you were just about to tell him hungry you were, but he happened to have the same topic in mind, leaving a kiss on your head before untangling his legs from your body and getting up towards the door. as soon as his body left yours, you could've sworn you felt a gush of cold coursing through your body, like as if you weren't used to the feeling of loneliness—of losing the feeling of his warm skin on yours, now that he wasn't close to you anymore.

you got up as well, trailing behind him as he made his way onto the kitchen.

as soon as you were finished eating, you picked up the plates from the table, noticing the silence your boyfriend was kind of giving you. his face still expressing an unfamiliar expression, and you couldn't help but ask if he was okay.

"what? no, i'm okay.. i guess i'm just a little tired." he replies back as he leans on the chair, releasing out a heavy sigh before you nodded your head, making your way to wash the now empty plates.

you hummed to a rhythm in your head, your left foot stomping to the beat lightly on the ground as your head moved from side to side. the apartment was filled with nothing but the sound of your gentle voice and the flowing of water, washing away the soap that once spread around the plates. you pulled the tap, turning off the water as you took another plate, before feeling his arms wrap around you from the back and his chin resting comfortably on your right shoulder.