Chapter 1

So it was the last class of the day at Belden Falls Regional High School. I was in one of my more interesting classes, Trigonometry. We were learning about Sine and Cosine and there were only eight or so minutes left in the period before dismissal. I was sitting in the back of the classroom with a classmate.

"Hey Andrew, what are you doing after school? Are you going to my soccer game?"

I responded with, "I'm sorry Connor, but I can't go. I have homework I have to do."

"So you're just going to sit at home and do school work? You can't possibly have that much homework," Connor said with a disappointed but agitated tone.

"No. That isn't all I'll be doing after school..."

"You two better be talking about Trigonometry back there!" interrupted the teacher.

We were a little surprised by the teacher calling us out. Even so, we both confidently responded with an, "Of course, Mrs. Johnson!"

Connor turned and looked at me and said, "So...Andrew..."

"Yea, I'll be going to the varsity soccer game later tonight," finishing my earlier thought.

Annoyed, Connor exclaimed, "Oh, so you can go to their game but not mine, huh?!"

"Connor. Your game starts too early, I don't have enough time to do my homework and I wouldn't have wanted to do it after your game," I explained.

"Why go to the varsity game at all?" he questioned.

"Because...I want to see my favorite player on the field."

Sarcastically Connor said, "Oh I see how it is. I'm not your favorite player. Thanks."

"I didn't mean it like that Connor. I...I..."

"Whatever," he interrupted.

*Ding! Ding! Ding!*

The final bell rang.

So, my name is Andrew Neely. I am a junior here at Belden Falls Regional High School, which is located in a mid-sized town, unsurprisingly, called Belden Falls. We call it BFRHS for short. I am a pretty good looking sixteen year old boy. I've got lush blonde hair and glowing blue eyes. Not a bad combination I'd say.

Now for Connor. His full name is Connor Lear and not only is he my classmate but he is also my childhood friend. I have known him for a very long time, since I was only six years old. Unlike me, Connor has blackish-brown colored hair with greenish eyes. He is also only a sophomore here at BFRHS. Why isn't he a junior like me? Well, he only just turned fifteen years old. And as you may have guessed he is on the school's junior varsity soccer team.

Connor and I gathered up our things and headed to our lockers together.

"So Connor..." I began to ask him as we walked to our lockers.

When we had reached our lockers, I entered my combination and opened it. I then finished asking Connor my question.

"Are you going to stay after for the varsity game?"

He stopped putting in his combo.

Then, unsure, Connor answered, "I don't know yet."

As I began walking away, I said, "Well. If you do I'll see you there, otherwise see you tomorrow."

"See you then," he replied, as I turned around and waved good-bye to him.

I boarded my school bus and headed home to do my homework.

"Hey, honey," my mom greeted me with as I walked in the house.

"Hi Mom. You'll be able to take me to the soccer game at school later, right?"

"Yes. I can take you there. Just make sure you get your homework done."

"Yes, Mom."

I went up to my room and began working on my homework. After a few hours of doing homework, the games start was approaching.

"Andrew! It's almost time to go. Are you ready to go?" my mom called out to me.

"Yes. Mom," I answered.

I put away my school work and headed down to my mom. The two of us walked to the car and my mom drove me to the school for the soccer game.