Chapter 6

The next morning I woke up to something quite different from usual. There was someone in my bed with me. I rolled over to find Connor fast asleep lying next to me. I could feel each and every breath he took. I could feel his warm breath run down my body each time he exhaled. I was a little surprised and intrigued. He usually sleeps on the couch in my room. Never has he slept in my bed, not to mention with me in it. I started getting a weird feeling in my gut so I decided that I would disturb his peaceful slumber and wake him up.

"Connor, hey Connor. Wake up Connor," I shouted as I was shaking Connor's whole body in an effort to wake him. "It's time to wake up Connor."

"Ugh...Five more minutes mom..." he mumbled and muttered under his breath in an effort to fight me off and stop me from waking him.

"I'm not your mom dumbass. I'm your friend, Andrew," I explained to him still trying to wake him up.

"Oh....I'm sleeping with Andrew tonight, mom..." he mumbled.

"Alright Connor. Forgive me but..."

*SLLLLAAAAPPPP!*

I slapped Connor across the face in a last ditch effort to wake him.

"WHAT THE HELL ANDREW!!!" Connor screamed at me, full of rage and anger.

"You wouldn't wake up and it's time to wake up." I explained to him.

"You didn't have to fucking slap me!"

"Well I tried yelling and shaking you but it didn't work."

"Whatever, Andrew. Why am I in your bed wearing only my compression shorts?" he asked me.

"I don't know. You tell me. I went to sleep before you did and I woke up to you lying next to me."

"I don't remember," he said, unsure of himself as if he was hiding something.

"Right.........." I sarcastically said in a long and drawn out way. "Anyway...grab some clothes from my closet and put them on," I said to him. "We have to get ready for school."

So Connor went over to my closet. He opened the door. Unsurprisingly, it was full of Adidas brand clothing. It is, after all, my favorite brand. He went through my closet, making it a mess. He held various articles of clothing in front of himself well looking in the mirror in what I'm assuming was an attempt to find what would look best on him. While watching the idiot fumble around in my closet I noticed something that I never noticed about Connor before. I couldn't quite figure out or understand what it was but once I saw it, I wasn't able to unsee it and I started to get the same strange feeling from earlier.

"Um...Connor. I'm going to go brush my teeth," I uneasily said to him.

"Whatever. I'll meet you out there."

I went over to the bathroom. When I got there, I closed and locked the door. I then just stood there, staring blankly into the mirror...staring at the reflection of me...staring at the reflection of the bluish-white porcelain tiles on the wall. It was as if the mirror's eyes were staring straight down into my soul.

"What was that..." I began whispering to myself. "What was that feeling...Why was he in my bed...What is going on in my head...What is happening to me..."

I started crying. I don't know why I did but Connor heard me, my mom had left for work already so it was just me and him, and he came running over to find out if I was alright.

"Andrew! Are you alright?! Why are you crying?!" he desperately question me.

"I'm fine. I'm fine. Just keep getting ready for school," I managed to calmly answer to him.

"Alright. You better hurry up. We're going to miss the bus if you take any longer in there," he shouted to me as a walked away.

I picked up my blue toothbrush and squeezed the paste out of the tube on to my toothbrush. I raised the toothbrush up to my mouth. Before I even put it in my mouth, I threw it down into the sink. I just couldn't do it and I don't know why. So I just quick swished some of my "Fresh Mint" flavored mouthwash in my mouth and left the bathroom.

I headed into my room to find a pile of clothes in front of closet. Obviously Connor tore my closet apart looking for something to wear. I walked over to the pile of clothes and dug through it. After a minute or so I managed to pick out a matching electric blue Adidas shirt and pair of shorts. I walked over to my dresser and opened to top right drawer. I grabbed the first pair of boxer briefs I saw. They were a made of a soft material and red.

"Gosh. We're running late," I said to myself as I begun to slide off the pair of green boxers that I was wore the day before.

I heard footsteps approaching my room. Connor came running up to my room.

"Andrew! Hurry up! We're gonna miss..." he began to yell at me as I stood before him, naked. "EWWW!!! Andrew, put some clothes on!" he exclaimed.

I stood there for a moment looking at him. Seeing each other naked wasn't anything new. We've seen each other nude before, especially when we were younger. It was different. I felt strange. I didn't quite understand it. But as I stood there, looking at him, I noticed that he decided to wear my favorite Adidas outfit. It was a royal blue pair of Adidas shorts with a matching shirt and track jacket.

"That's what I'm kinda trying to do. Would you go away so I can get dressed?!" I commanded him, annoyed that he walked in on me.

"Sorry! Just hurry up! We have to go, like now," he responded.

I quickly threw on my clothes and ran out the door to the bus stop with Connor.

"So Andrew. Do you want to sit with me on the bus today." Connor asked me.

"No. There is someone else I'm going to sit with. I hope you don't mind."

I felt strange around him today. I don't know why. We've been friends since we were kids and I've never felt this way around him before.

"Ugh. It's okay Andrew. I get it." 

The bus had just pulled up, five minutes late. The two of us, being the only two kids at the stop, boarded the bus. Connor sat up in the front of the bus. I on the other hand, went all the way to the back and sat alone. I was preoccupied with one thing the entire ride, Connor. I was trying to understand what was going on. I just couldn't figure it out.