Chapter 3

The first half of the game was now over and the score sat at four to one, with BFRHS taking the lead. 

"Hey Connor. You want to go get something from the concessions stand with me?"

"I don't have any money, but if you want me to go with you I will."

"Okay. Thank you Connor. If there's anything you'd want, I'll buy it for you." I told him.

"Oh you don't have to do that."'

"You got me a pretty good seat. It's the least I could do to thank you."

So, the two of us walked toward the concessions stand.

"Hey Connor, you want to sleep over at my place tonight? I can have my mom wash your uniforms and we can play some video games." I asked Connor as we were walking.

"Sure! Sounds like a plan. I just have to text my mom and find out if it's ok with her."

PHEEW! The referee blew the whistle signaling the start of the second half.

"We better hurry up the second half just started. We don't want to miss anything good," I explained to Connor.

When we got to the concessions stand, there was a mile long line. The half had already started and we didn't want to miss the action.

"Bruh. This line is way too long Andrew. We're going to miss the game."

"Yea, I know. Let's just go back to our seats."

As we were walking back to the seats, I saw something happening on the stadium's TV. I wasn't prepared for what was about to go down...

"Hey look Connor, that kid from the other team is playing pretty rough," I said, point to one of the stadiums TV's. "What is he doing by Joshua? He doesn't even have the ball."

"It looks like he is going to slide tackle...but...Josh doesn't even..."

I heavily gasped as my heart sank into my chest, shocked at what just unfolded before my eyes.

Connor was just speechless.