the phonecall.

hello guys xx

so this is my first FF, just so you know my english might not be the best, i'm swiss so i didn't grow up english ;) thank's for understanding.

- i do not own any of these characteres, also the pictures i use are from google, pinterest & we heart it, if they belong to you send me a message so i can give credit!:)

thanks for stoping by, i hope you like it.

xx silvana
————

the phonecall:

It's tuesday morning, we just got home yesterday from a case in seattle.

So today we hope to just do paperwork for once but who knows, these murderers out there never stop.
I'm walking in the builduing of the BAU as JJ aproaches me. "Good morning Em!" she greets me, i obviously greet her back. "Morning JJ" We talk until we're at our floor and go to grab our cups of coffee as i get a call. "Prentiss?" i say, then the person on the phone says: "Em! It's me, you need to come to my place, please, as soon as possible, please i beg you!" i recognize the voice imediatley, "Hey, what-" i say but the voice stops me and says:"don't tell the others that i'm on the phone, please, but if there's any possibility that you can come to me, please, i beg you!" "Hey, okay wait, i'm heading to my office and then you can tell me everything." i say, now very concerned. "JJ, i'll see you later, i have to take this call." i say. JJ nodds and i leave with my coffee to go to my office.

As i'm sitting down in my office, i take a sip out of my cup and then say into the phone. "Okay i'm in private now, what the hell's going on?" i ask him. "Emily, something really bad happend. I, i, need you, and only you! I don't know what else to do!" "what happend? Whats going on?" i asked, sligthly afraid of what he's about to say.
His voice sounds terrified, angry and as he's about to cry. "Emily, i know it's alot to ask, but can you please just come to me, as soon as possible. I need you!" "Okay, listen i arrange for me to take some days off, i call you as soon as i know when i'm at yours! And hey, no matter what happend, i'm glad you called. I'm here for you." i say, trying to calm him down. "I appreciate it so much, thank you Em!"

I go out of my office and straight to Dave's office. "Rossi, i need to talk to you. I got a call from Morgan. He needs me, i don't know what's going on but he sounds terrified and angry and sad. I need to go see him, i can't just stay here."  I tell him, he looks at me and says:"Yes of course, i take care of the team and we'll work the case we got today without you. You take care of Derek and let me know if you need any help.""Thank you so much Dave! I'll let you know as soon as i know more. But don't tell the others yet, especially not Reid or Garcia, or else they freak out, Penelope especially." i say. Dave and i hug and i go back to my office.
Meanwhile the rest of the team meets in the conferenceroom where Dave tells them, that we have a new case but that i won't be on it this time because i have to take care of something else. After i talked to the chief i called Derek back to let him know that i'm on my way.

-

I just got off of my plane and walked out of the arrival at the airport when i see him. I walk faster and as soon as he sees me, he walks towards me. The moment we meet, i feel like i just got home, when he hugs me i feel so safe and i feel loved. I always felt special around him, he is the guy who makes the people around him feel good.
"i missed you so much Emily!" he says as welcoming line. "I missed you too Morgan!" we hug a bit loonger and then i hear his son. I let go of Derek an turn to Hank to welcome him too. He got so big, allthough Derek sends me pictures of him all the time i wasn't prepared that he's this big already.

The drive to Dereks house was a bit strange, we  didn't really talk, except for the questions about how my flight was and if the team knows something. "Derek, please don't be mad, but i told Rossi that something's going on, i had to because someone needed to know why i leave them alone on this case. I'm sorry, but he won't tell anything to the others, he promised." "It's alright, i thought that you might tell David so that he takes care of the case without the others questoning why you aren't there with them." he says. "Can you tell me now what's going on?" i ask him. "No, i'm sorry, please wait until we're at my place. I can't do this in the car. I'm sorry." I look at him, squeeze his hand and say "alright, but no matter what it is, know that i'm there for you, always. And so is the team." he gives me a small smile and says "thank you, i appreciate you, all of you."

After a bit we're at his house, after we go in i realize that the house looks so lifeless, it's like a child doesn't even live here, there are no toys laying around, no pictures, no nothing.
Derek realizes that i'm a bit concerned about how the house looks, because i know how his appartements looked, he always had at least some pictures of his parents and sisters, pictures of the team, but there's nothing here. "Want something to drink? And then we talk." "Yes please, i'd kill for a coffee." i say, he nodds and goes in the kitchen, i take up Hank and then Derek comes back. He gives me my cup of coffee and sits down. He's taking a deep breathe, then starts:"Savannah, she, she has cancer-" i choke a bit on my coffee and want to say something, but he continues:"she found out a few months ago, she had chemo and everything but last night i had to rush her to the ER. The doctors told me that she has only days to live. I tried doing it all by myself, you know taking care of her, taking care of Hank and everything, but now with her dying i can't handle it all by myself anymore. That's why i called you, i need someone here with me, someone i can trust my child with, someone who's there for me for the moment when she dies, someone who i know cares about my kid, me and also Savannah, someone i love. And that's you, Emily. There's no one i trust more and need more right now than you. Thank you for coming!" tears are now streaming down his face, i don't know what to say, so i just pull him in for a tight hug. "Derek, i'm so sorry, i'm so so sorry. Thank you for calling me, it means alot! I am always there for you!" we hug a little longer and then he says:"i have to get to the hospital. You can have the guestroom, and feel like home here. Is it okay if i let Hank with you?" "Yes of course, you go to Savannah and i take care of the little man. Let me know if you need something." i tell him. He hugs me again and gives his son a kiss.

After Derek left, i played with Hank for a little while and now that he's asleep i start cleaning the house s bit. I just cleaned the kitchen, both bathrooms and the living room. I sent Derek a text, asking him how she's doing and if he's gonna be home for dinner.
D: 'She's not doing well, i guess i stay here.'
E:'call me if you need anything, i'm here. stay strong.'

I decide to go to take a quick shower before Hank wants to get up again, when i realize that i don't know which room the guestroom ist. I go to the upper floor and open one door. It isn't the guestroom, it's Derek's and Savannah's room, i wanted to go out of the room again, when i realize something. It looked like Savannah was living in here, instead of a hospitalroom, i just now realize that Derek took care of her in here. I see all kinds of medicine, IV bags, everything you need to take care of a sick person. There's a matress on the floor, like he slept on there just so Savannah has the bed to herself and that he won't hurt her, since she's so sick and fragile. I can't believe he had to go through all of this alone, it breaks my heart.
I start to clean up the bedroom, as good as i can. But i don't wanna make it look like i think that she's never gonna come back home again. When i finished cleaning i take all the bedsheets of to wash them. I look for new ones in the drawer when i find a box, i decide to just ignore it allthough the words that are written on it make me wonder what's in there.
As i find the clean sheets i put them on, finish cleaning and organizing the room, i open a window and then go out of the room again. Allthough i can't stop thinking about what's in this box.