roses & candles.

It's been five years since Savannah passed away, since Emily and Derek got together.

~

„Mama, i want peanutbutter toast." "Alright little man, you got it." Emily says, while taking out the peanutbutter out of the cupboards. „Oh did i hear peanutbuttertoast?" Derek says as he walks into the kitchen, giving Emily a kis and then his son. „Yes! Mama is making some." Hank says in an excited voice.

~

It's a bit later that day, Emily and Derek are getting ready, Derek has planned a datenight for them. „Hank you ready to go to aunt Penelope and uncle Luke?" Hank nodds with a huge smile.

The three knock on Luke's and Penelope's appartement door. As soon as Luke opens Hank jumps into his arms. „Heeey uncle Luuuuke!" „Hey champ! How are you?" Penelope walks over to the door and greets everyone as well.
„Have fun guys!" Luke says as Derek and Emily walk away.

~

„Babe, were are we going?" Emily asks as Derek drives the car. The only thing she knows about tonight is that Derek is taking them out for a dinnerdate. „You'll see."

The two drive a bit longer when they arrive at an italianrestaurabt they used to go to back when they were working in the BAU together. As soon as they walk in a waiter greets them, Derek tells him his name and the waiter shows them to their table.

After they ordered their food, the two talk about the upcoming holiday season, starting off with thanksgiving in a week.

Their food arrived and it smells delicious. „Oh i love this pasta so much." Emily says between bites. „Me too, but not as much as i love you."

~

After dinner, the two drove back to their house that they bought around two years ago. It's close to JJ and Will's home. Just about 5 minutes by foot. The three boys are all irreseprable.

What Emily doesn't know is, that JJ and not little anymore Henry decorated the whole house with candles and roses and stuff. JJ and Will are the only person who knows Dereks intention for tonight.
The two pull up their driveway and Derek opens the cardoor for her. The two walk up to the door, Derek opens it up but just enough that it doesn't close up again. He then picks Emily up bridalstyle, to her surprise. „Oh babe, what are you doing?" „Giving you a noght to remember." He says with a wide grinn. He pushs the door open and walks in, Emily still in his arms. „Babe, oh my god! What's with all the rosepetals and candles?" Derek put her down carefully, and shows her to sit down on the couch. She does so and he walks into the kitchen, there he takes out a bottle of champagne and a giftbox. He walks to the couch and sits down next to Emily.
„Emily, you know, that i love you so incredibly much and that i would never ever want to spend another day without you. You are one of the best things that have ever happend to me and j couldn't be more thankful and honoured that you choose to spend your life with Hank and me. I love you so much, i can't even put it into words, but there is one thing that i know how to put into words. I love you, Hank loves you and we want to spend the rest of our lifes with you as his mama and as my wife." Derek gets down on one knee, pulls out a little jewlerybox from his pants and opens it. Emily is already crying, as Derek continues. He grabs her left hand and says „Emily Prentiss, will you please do me the honour of becoming my wife?" Emily falls into Dereks arms, now ugly- crying and nodding. „Yes, yes of course! I love you and Hank more than anything! Of course i want to become your wife!" The two embrace in a long hug, after they break the hug up they kiss and Derek puts the ring on her finger.

After a few moments, the two sit back down on the couch and open the champagne.