fourteen

(Phil's POV) 

My phone buzzed noisily against the bed, informing me that I had a call. I picked it up to see the secret picture of Dan I had taken when he wasn't looking one afternoon. I remember it so vividly, you'd think it happened yesterday.

There was a breeze blowing, one that stirred up the leaves from off the ground and toyed with Dan's hair. He was snickering as he tried to flatten it back down to his forehead. I caught the picture right as he smiled with his arm over his head. It was one of the pictures where he looked the happiest. It had become my new favorite. It reminded me of how the smallest moments can have the biggest impact on somebody. 

I pressed the answer button and said, "H-" 

"PHILPHILPHILYOU'LLNEVERBELIEVEWHATJUSTHAPPENEDOHMYGODIT'SINCREDIBLEPHILPHILPHILJUSTLISTEN-" 

"Dan! Calm d-down." I snapped. "Speak... slow. Now." 

I could hear Dan wheezing through the phone. A brief pause- probably to grab his inhaler- the the reply. 

"I came out to my parents." 

Now it was my turn to gasp. 

"Wha-did-say??" 

"They were perfectly fine with it. I told them about you, and they want to meet you as soon as possible." 

I don't know why I started tearing up, but I did. "Dan... th-that's incr-cred-credi-ble," I replied, rubbing my eyes. "And, uh... I ha-have. To say... ssssomething." 

Dan paused. I could hear him sharply draw in his breath. "What is it?" 

I sighed. Was I ready for this? 

"Meet me... park... soon." I replied. 

*** 

"So, why are we here?" Dan questioned. 

The sun had just started to set, casting shadows of park benches and playground equipment across the grass. My palms were sweating, despite how chilly the night air was. 

"Well..." I took a deep breath and unfolded the paper. Glancing back up at Dan, I watched his eyebrows furrow in confusion. Trembling slightly, I looked back down at my paper and began.

"Dan... you are perfect. No matter how much you put yourself down, nothing can change how great you are. From your eyes, the colour of a dried autumn leaf, to your smile, which is so subtle, yet so real. The way you laugh can drive away my sadness. The warm comfort of your body against mine relaxes me. Your personality, dark but bright, can make me so much happier than you could ever imagine. I love you, Daniel Howell. To the moon and back. 

I... have never been more grateful to be someone's air catcher." 

I looked back up to see a shocked Dan, eyes wide, jaw dropped.

"D-dan?" I asked. 

His face slowly rose into a smile as tears ran down his cheeks. 

"You... wrote that... for me?" He managed to say through the tears. 

"Yeah. So much p-practice," I admitted. 

More crying. Heck, even the way he cried was mesmerizing. 

"Phil... Lester..." he sobbed, "that... was amazing. I- I wish I could do something like that for you." 

Suddenly Dan crashed into me with one of the tightest hugs I had ever received. He forcefully cried into my jacket as I wrapped my arms around him. 

"I- I love you so much, Lion." 

Lion. 

I craned my neck around to see my arm and pushed up my sleeve. The faint scars, and even fainter drawing of a lion, were still there.

"Love you too... bear." 

A.N.: SORRY FOR THE INACTIVITY 

I BLAME TUMBLR 

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE SOON 

LOVE YOU ALL 

AND THANK YOU 

I NEEDED THAT MOTIVATION TO FINISH THE CHAPTER 

BYE FOR NOW

~izzy