chapter 3

"Did you ask him out yet?" Paige whispers to me in eighth period while we both glance at Zayn across the room writing as the teacher boringly speaks.

"I thought you said I shouldn't because of what happened yesterday," I remind her, jotting down the last few words on the board.

"Oh, right."

"But still, you guys would be so cute together," she whispers, copying off of my notes because we both know her eyesight isn't the best.

"I'm still asking Niall to ask him if he likes you,"

"No!" I say a little too loudly and everyone turns around before I give them a nervous small smile.

I clear my throat as their heads turn back around to face the teacher.

"I mean, no, Paige. I told you I didn't want anyone asking him that. It would ruin our friendship."

"You two are friends? Since when?" she almost scoffs.

"Well, we're kind of getting there."

"I would think so after all these years of him being your neighbor that he would talk to you sometime,"

"Another thing," she continues, as the bell rings signaling the end of the day.

"Well...i'll tell you later," she trails off as our eyes widen at Zayn who is walking our way.

His eyes go from Paige to me and he gives me a smile - his dark brown eyes pouring into my blue ones.

He's so gorgeous.

"Will you be outside tonight?" he asks as I snap out of my trance and Paige nudges my arm.

"Y-yeah, I think so,"

"Great, i'll see you then?"

"You will," I smile as he smiles back and begins to walk away.

I look over at Paige who has the biggest grin on her freckled-face.

"What?" I ask her, wondering why she's looking at me like I just won the lottery.

"Nothing, just the fact that you guys are one of the cutest things I have seen," she squeals as we walk out the door and I roll my eyes.

We meet Niall at his car like we always do and I hop in, not wanting to accidentally look over and see Paige and him making out. I promise one day I will throw up all over his leather seats and they will be the cause.

-

"Niall says he's friends with Liam," Paige tells me over the phone and I put her on speaker so I can finish my English homework.

For some reason I think about M, and the fact that he wanted to be an English teacher. It sounded strange that someone would want to teach a subject as boring as English, but the thought of M being the instructor might make me change my mind, knowing his personality.

"Oh, cool," I write down the last words of my assignment and close the textbook.

"What was that thing you were going to tell me earlier?" I ask her.

"What thing?"

"You were going to tell me something before Zayn walked o-"

"Oh yeah.....well, funny story,"

"Paige what did you do," I ask her, knowing that she had done something immediately. She always does this and it leads to me being upset with her for small amounts of time.

"I sort of....already told Niall to ask him,"

"What! When?"

"He's going to ask him tomorrow, sorry but you guys need to hurry and get together!"