chapter 11

"I can't believe school is basically over," Paige gasps, plucking a grape from her tray.

It's the last day of school and we're at lunch as of this moment. It's been a week since Zayn gave me the drawing. Everyday since, I would stare at it from my bed and just think about him. About his smile, his jawline, his lips, his voice, his eyes, even the way his fingers curl around a cigarette.

"I know, the year has passed by so quickly. Did you find out if you'll be going to the same university as me?" I ask her, tearing my eyes for once away from Zayn's table.

It's almost impossible not to look at him.

"Yeah, I think so. You know how my mom is though, i've begged her so many times I think my knees have blisters," she chews on her grape as Niall plays with the ends of her red hair.

"I hope she will finally give in because how else will I survive without my best friend?" I ask, smiling at her and she smiles back.

I honestly don't know what I would do without Paige. We have been there for each other even after our arguments and fights, and I couldn't be in college without her. Our plans throughout high school for college was to share a dorm together, that is if her strict mother agrees.

"Liam and I are sharing a dorm room, we've already arranged it," Niall speaks up.

"Liam as in Liam Payne?" Paige scoffs, glancing back at the table of the four boys sharing a familiar laugh.

"Yes, babe. We've been mates for a while, i've told you this," he gently tells his girlfriend.

"I know, I know. But he's such a jerk, I don't see how someone like you could be friends with him," she shakes her head and Niall rubs her back. I know how badly he wants to stick up for Liam but I can tell he doesn't want to make Paige anymore angry.

"I don't even see how Zayn fits in with them, he's literally the sweetest guy," she continues and Niall clears his throat.

Paige pinches his cheek, "But of course, you're much sweeter," she tells him, only because he's her boyfriend.

But it was true. I don't see how Zayn could make those types of friends? I mean obviously he had fit in with them, but once you really got to know him, he was a shy and quiet guy really.

"Are you guys going to the end of the year party?" I bring up.

"Yeh, I heard there will be loads of people there," Niall says.

"We have to go, I mean, it is a celebration about how much we all hate school," adds Paige.

"I guess," I sigh.

"Why? You weren't planning on showing?" Paige furrows her eyebrows.

"You know they aren't my thing," I say.

"Please, though? At least for me? I need my best friend there with me," Paige does that pouting thing with her lips and of course I gibe in like I always do.

"Great!" she clasps her hands together, "Oh my god, what will we wear? How about that black pencil skirt we bought on my birthday? Will that be cute enough?"

Niall and I share a laugh.

"Anything you wear will be fine, babe," he assures his girlfriend.

"He's right, besides, it's just a party. It's not a club or anything," I say.

"Oh right, I forgot you've never been to these before," she says, like it's the most memorable thing in the world.

Honestly to me it isn't a big deal. I don't feel as if I am missing out on anything besides a whole bunch of vodka, which I could do without.