Epilogue

this is from third person so pls dont get confused lol

and btw its gonna be kinda long so ur welcome ha

-

Zayn was nervous, very very nervous in fact. He shakily tucked his tie into his tux, looked over himself in the mirror three times, and then took it out again realizing that he didn't even want to wear a tie in the first damn place.

But the reason for Zayn's nervousness, was for a great reason and he just hoped everything went as well as he had planned so in his head.

What if she says no? he thought to himself.

"I need a smoke," he shook his head to rid from all negative thoughts he had about the situation as he stepped outside.

After all, him and Claire did live together now so he shouldn't be acting like this. And it was far too early in the morning any how. He knew Claire was asleep, and that she would be so for the next few hours.

Zayn dangled the cigarette in his hand, thinking about lighting it. He thought about how the idea of quitting had crossed his mind before. Because what if Claire didn't like the way his breath smelled of tobacco- even though Zayn always had made sure to unwrap a piece of spearmint afterwards- while she kissed him? And what if she had happened to absolutely hate the way his cigarettes piled up on his ash trays, that he sometimes left on the table?

Zayn knew he was a messy guy, a very messy one at that, but he would change if she wanted him to. He would change for her, the girl from both the internet and reality, because he loved her so much.

Without another second thought, Zayn threw his full pack of cigarettes to the ground, along with the one that was once dangling between his two fingers, and brought his heel to grind them into the gravel beneath him.

Right when he opened the door to go back inside, though, an idea popped into his head and he smiled brightly to himself.

"That's it," he thought aloud. "I'll make her breakfast too, yeah, she'd love that."

Nearly skipping to the kitchen from his brilliant idea, he wondered what he should make her.

I'm not much of a cook, he thought. But she would love it anyways, and he knew that.

Skimming through the cabinets he eventually found the pancake mix, and decided on blueberry waffles. But he needed more than just that, he thought, to make her even more proud.

Eggs, Zayn came to conclusion, while he found the full carton of the white dairy product and set it on the counter, pulling two out for the waffles. I'll just scramble the rest, he thought to himself. But right when he turned to reach for the milk to put in the mixing bowl, the whole carton of eggs fell to the kitchen tile floor, causing a big yellow and white puddle of cracked shells and uncooked eggs to scatter the floor beneath him.

"Shit," he swore to himself. "I'll just clean that later."

Moving the ingredients to the next available counter, he began to stir the waffle mix together until eventually lumps wallowed inside of it like the box said would happen. He then took two handfuls of blueberries and drizzled them into the mix before stirring again to blend them.

Zayn plugged in the small waffle maker and put butter and oil inside of it.

How do women do this stuff anyway? he thought.

After pouring the mix into the maker, all he had to do was close it and wait for them to be done.

"Thank god," he sighed, and turned around to find Martin licking the remainder of the eggs off the ground.