chapter 6

cupcakeswirl12: hey M, we need to talk

artsyM: hey C, we do? Should I be scared? aha

cupcakeswirl12: haha no, it's just that I was wondering...

artsyM: wondering..?

cupcakeswirl12: you know how we talked about wanting to meet each other?

artsyM: yeah?

cupcakeswirl12: could we maybe...meet anytime soon? I just feel so alone, and this might sound weird, but I chose you over someone I have known for almost a lifetime. I just hope we can really meet but I completely understand if you don't have the time..

artsyM: I always have the time for you, C, I always will. You shouldn't have to feel alone. With such a beautiful personality like yours, I would think that a lucky someone would had already gave you the time of the day. Of course we could meet.

My heart skips a beat, thinking of how he agreed to meet me.

cupcakeswirl12: really we could?

artsyM: yes we could. it's been long enough, hasn't it? And thank you for choosing someone else over me. I actually chose you over someone else too. Weird huh?

cupcakeswirl12: that is weird, wow. And Is there anywhere specific you'd wanna meet?

artsyM: what about Voyageurs National park, in Minnesota State? If its not too far from where you live, I mean.

My smile grew. He too lived in Minnesota? All this time I had thought that he was thousands of miles away, yet he was so close to me. What if I had met him before and didn't know it?

cupcakeswirl12: oh my god, Minnesota State? M, we are closer than you think! :)

artsyM: that's so sick ! See you around seven o'clock tomorrow night maybe?

cupcakeswirl12: of course!

artsyM: see you then, C :)

cupcakeswirl12: im excited, see you too, M!

artsyM: wait, C, are you still there?

cupcakeswirl12: yes, I am here :)

artsyM: can I tell you something? I hope it doesn't change our friendship or the way we think of each other. But I have been wanting to say it for the longest

cupcakeswirl12: yes, sure. What is it? :)

artsyM: I love you, C. I really do.

My eyes start to tear up at the thought of M loving me. Simply because I have secretly had these feelings for him, deep inside.

I hold one of my hands over my mouth, still shocked, as I type with my other hands over the keyboard.

cupcakeswirl12: I love you, too, M.

artsyM: x :)

I close my laptop and squeal as I crawl across the bed to reach my phone.

Paige's voice sounds on the other side of the phone. Clearly she had just woken up.

"Hello?" her groggy voice says.

"Paige, guess what?" I beam.

"Don't you sound happy at eleven in the evening. What's up?"

"I'm meeting M! Tomorrow night! Oh my god, i'm so freaking excited, I don't think I can sleep,"

"What? Oh my god, how?! He lives here?"