chapter 10

This long friday is finally over and after Niall and Paige drop me off at my house, I walk inside the gate and up the pathway to the porch.

When I look to my right, Zayn isn't there and I sigh, hoping he was. I didn't really have a specific reason to want him there other than just to speak with him about basically anything he wanted to talk about.

I hope he comes out later on so we can chat maybe.

Chat, that reminds me of someone. M. I haven't spoken to him in a while but I think I will soon, I just don't think I am fully ready yet.

My feet carry me up the stairs to my patio and I open the door to my house, I know that it is always open when I come home because my mother is afraid that one day i'd get locked out, even though I have a key that dad got me.

I pass the living room and enter the hallway before I hear quiet and muffled voices in the house.

I follow the sounds all the way at the end of the hall to Jason's door, where it seems to be coming from and place my ear to it.

"Jason," The undefined girl quiet, but eagerly groans.

I feel queasy, this is gross.

"Shhh, we don't want to be heard baby, remember?" My brother tells the girl and I gag, wanting to officially throw up.

They better not be doing what I think they are doing.

Should I bust him? Should I just walk in there and interrupt them purposely? No, I think i'll do this in a more sisterly way.

I chuckle quietly to myself at the thought of the word "sisterly" as I silently walk to the living room and plop on the couch.

I change my positions probably six times before I hear his door open and prepare myself for this mysterious girl who my brother had snuck in our house.

I try and rehearse what to say in my head but am interrupted by the sight of a brunette, with now messy hair, walk quietly from the hallway, obviously trying not to get caught. Too late.

"Who are you?" I speak up, scaring myself a bit at my voice being louder than I planned.

She jumps and looks at me shocked, kind of reminding me of a deer in headlights.

"I-I'm Janice-"

"And why are you here?" I egg her on with questions.

Suddenly, Jason enters the hallway, obviously hearing my voice.

"Claire, when did you get home?" He asks me, hiding his fear.

"Like twenty minutes ago, before I witness my brother had let some random girl in our house.

"I'm s-sorry," she stutters and Jason turns to her.

"You can leave now," he tells her nicely and she nearly rushes out the door without looking in my direction once.

As soon as she leaves, Jason sighs heavily.

"Who's she? Your girlfriend?" I ask him.

He breathes heavily before looking at me from the side, "No,"

"So you're just using her?"

No reply.

"Jason what is wrong with you? You and I both know that dad raised you better than this," I tell him.

Why would he do this to girls? He has been raised his whole life that he should treat girls with respect, and here he is throwing that all away. Since he is my brother, it makes things a hundred times worse because I feel the need to be a third parent to him at times.