chapter 7

"Just drop me off right here!" I call to Niall who has been circling around the mall for, I swear, more than thirty minutes just to find a great parking spot.

"Just wait, do you want me to crash?" he says and I roll my eyes, sitting back down.

"I haven't seen you this excited since your brother moved out of your room," Paige laughs.

"Well yeah, I needed my own space and he would always go through my underwear drawers," I say, making Niall laugh.

"So just hurry and get that gift or something, because Niall is coming over to meet my parents and we have to be on time. You know how my parents are," Paige warns as I hop out of the car.

"I know, I know. Just give me thirty minutes at the most," I tell them, walking away an towards the entrance.

"Or at the least," I mumble, approaching the first jewelry store on the left.

I must have spent about twenty minutes looking in there before I realized that they don't have anything M might like.

Exiting the small store and walking further into the mall, I find Kay's Jewelers and go inside. If they didn't have what I was looking for, I was going to rip my hair out. I needed tonight with M to be perfect. I still hadn't figured out what to wear, so I needed to get that planned as well.

"Claire?" I hear a familiar voice and turn my head to where the sound is coming from, discovering Zayn.

Great.

Why do I have to run into him everywhere I freaking go? And why was he at a jewelry store anyways?

"Oh, um, hi Zayn." I slightly wave at him as he walks my way.

"What are you doing here? I mean...you're a girl, obviously, but like...you know, what a coincidence right?" he gives me a nervous smile and I admire all the cuteness I have missed.

I hate these feelings I have for him.

I chuckle, "I'm buying something for a friend,"

Actually M is more than just a friend but why would I tell Zayn that.

I look at him fully for the first time and he looks gorgeous as always. This time, I notice something different about him.

His hair. It's a blonde streak right in the middle.

"Me too," he smiles, "we could like...I mean if you want...look together?"

I ignore all the voices in my head telling me no.

"Sure," I sweetly smile and we move to a section of necklaces.

My eyes instantly detect a silver necklace with a small paintbrush dangling at the end of it. When I pick up the jewelry, it almost seems like it was made just for him.

"M" is engraved on the back of the small paintbrush and I smile to myself.

He would love this.

I notice Zayn pick up a necklace too, but he moves it in his hands so quickly that I can't see what it is a design of.

"I'm going to pay...so if you're ready," I trail off and he gives me a small smile.

"Yeah, come on,"

After we pay separately for the slightly expensive jewelry, Zayn and I awkwardly say our goodbyes and I head out the mall in search for Niall's car.

"Damn it's about time! You've been in there for nearly an hour!" Paige wails as I hop in the back.

I give her a nervous smile, "Sorry," I hold up the necklace from the small bag, "but I got what I wanted,"