16

Sunday morning Louis wakes up with red eyes and a heavy heart. Niall had taken him home and Zayn had called to make sure he was okay.

Liam had brought over a small box of cupcakes, they had pink frosting and sprinkles, Louis' favorite. It was all very nice, but it wasn't what he wanted.

He just wanted Harry, he wanted more than anything for him just to saunter into his room with that smirk of his and say something charming and salacious.

Louis flopped over onto his back, his limbs sprawled out and he let out a loud sigh. He thought about going to Harry's house again, but he then thought about how pathetic he'd look, confessing his feelings to the guy who said, right at the start, that there would be no feelings.

"Why...ME." Louis says the last word loudly, dragging it out and then he lets out a small scream of frustration.

"I'm gonna die alone." He says and then turns over onto his side. "Maybe I'll date Gigi." Louis smiles and then lets out a small laugh, he wouldn't even know what to do with a girl if he dated one.

When he checked his phone, Harry had called him a few times, but Louis couldn't bring himself to call him back. What would he even say? Oh sorry I left, I'm okay, just upset because you're with another guy. That couldn't happen.

With another groan, Louis pulls himself out of bed and heads to his bathroom, he thought deserved a bubble bath and that it would help him calm down a bit.

"You have to tell him Niall." Liam says, standing up from the couch. "But-"

"No, no buts, seriously Niall. I love you and I will stand by you forever, but this isn't right, you need to tell Louis." Liam says crossing his arms, his jaw was tight, he hated to be so forward with Niall, but what he was doing wasn't right.

"He could get hurt." Niall says softly, looking up at Liam from his spot on the couch.

"You don't think he's hurt now?" Liam asks, dumbfounded. He shakes his head and then sighs. "Niall, either you tell Louis and you own up to your shit or I will go to Louis' house tell him myself and then I'll drive all the way to Harry's and tell him too." Liam threatens and Niall stares at him with wide eyes.

"I-I can't tell him Li, he's gonna hate me, this is what's right." Niall says, but he doesn't even believe his own words.

"I'm leaving. I can't be in this house with you, right now." Liam says and he turns to find his keys. Niall watches as Liam grabs his keys, jacket and then leaves without a word.

"Shit. Shit, shit, shit. FUCK." Niall shouts standing up, he sits back down almost immediately though and places his head in his hands.

Niall sits there on his couch, feeling sick to his stomach, the guilt in him festers and after an hour of sitting he grabs his phone to call Louis. Niall's heart pounds when Louis says he'll come over and the next twenty minutes are spent on edge.

Louis walks up Niall's front steps, he's only wearing socks and his hair is still wet from his bath. He knocks on Niall's front door and when Niall opens the door he can tell something is wrong.

"Are you okay?" Louis asks before Niall can tell him to come in. Louis pushes his way in and Niall looks at him with wide, guilt filled eyes.

"Yeah...um... Lou, sit with me for a second yeah?" Niall says, his voice quiet and afraid because he doesn't know if he'll have a best friend after this.

Louis nods and hesitantly sits beside Niall. "What happened? Are you okay?" Louis asks again and Niall just nods.

"I have to tell you something." Niall says softly, so softly, Louis almost doesn't hear him.

"Okay?" Louis says and Niall looks at him for awhile, they're just looking at each other and Niall lets out a shaky breath and lowers his head.

"So... it's about Harry." Niall begins and his voice is shaking now, realization hits him hard he's overcome with emotion and how wrong he's been this whole time.

"I lied." Niall says and Louis blinks at him. "Lied? About what?"

"I lied about Harry, not liking you. He actually... um really cares about you." Niall whispers the last part and Louis stares at him, his lips parted. "He wants to be with you."

"How long?" Louis asks, his eyes welling with tears. Niall looks at him curiously and Louis raises his voice. "How long have you known?" Louis asks again, this time through clenched teeth.

"The past few weeks- we'll months I guess." Niall says, shrinking away from Louis, he was so scared and he felt so bad and he wanted to take it all back.

Wanted to go back to that day and do it all over, he should've called Louis the second Harry got to his house, he should've brought Harry downstairs so they could talk about everything.

He had caused so much heartache for his own selfish reasons and he hated himself for it.

"I can't believe you, Niall. You knew this whole time and you didn't say anything? How the fuck do you even know that?" Louis practically explodes and stands up from the couch and Niall's mouth opens.

"I was- I wanted- I didn't want you to get hurt." Niall stammers, ignoring Louis' second question, hoping to not make anything worse, but Louis is already staring at him in disbelief.

"I have been sitting in my room crying my eyes out, feeling the worst I have ever felt while cursing Harry and avoiding him and you think that's better for me?" Louis asks, crossing his arms, his tone harsh.

"I'm so sorry, Louis, I-I don't know what to say."

"He's doing this shit because of you because you told him I didn't want him, you put your input where it doesn't fucking belong." Louis says angrily, he clenches his jaw and feels his muscles tense up.

"I didn't just stick my nose in your business, Harry came to me, he drove to my house and was crying on my couch-" Niall says desperately, trying to make things make sense.

"He, what?" Louis stops in his tracks and looks at Niall, his tone low and scary. Niall couldn't remember Louis ever being so mad.

"He...came to my house..." Niall trails off and stares at him, eyes blazing. "Tell me everything, right now, you owe me that much." Louis says. "I can't fucking believe you." Louis mutters to himself. "You're supposed to be my fucking friend."

It's quiet for a moment and when Louis turns and glares at Niall, the blonde quickly begins to explain.

"He, um, he was really upset about you going out with Zayn and I... I told him you were happy with Zayn so he should leave you alone." Niall says lowering his head in shame.

Niall waits for Louis' reply, for his harsh words and attitude. He says nothing though and when Niall looks up, he watches as Louis stomps out of his house.

Louis reaches the door and he slams it so hard that the pictures on the wall shake.