29

this is kind of long oops. but i think it's all important

All words seem to get caught in his throat and he ends up looking at Louis with wide eyes.

He does love Louis, he knows he does, he can feel it in his heart and in his fingertips when he touches him. He could admit it to himself and his dog and he could maybe even shout it from his roof, but all that didn't make it easy for him to say it to Louis' face.

Some part of Harry was afraid to admit it, maybe because he'd never felt this way before and he wasn't used to the foreign feeling or maybe it was because he was afraid that once he admitted it something would come along and take it from him.

"I...I..." Harry's voice gets stuck and he can't form any words and slowly Louis' smile begins to fade.

"Lou...I..." Harry's lips part and nothing comes out and Louis' looks down at his lap.

"That's okay." Louis whispers and when he looks back up at Harry and tries to smile at him there are tears forming in his eyes. "Y-you...you just don't love me y-yet and that's okay."

"No. No... Louis, I...I...I don't know." Harry stammers and his hands are shaking and he knows he's fucking this up but he doesn't know how to fix it. He nearly tells Louis to go ask Bruce Wayne because he knows how Harry feels.

"I have to... I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." Louis looks around and wipes his eyes. He clears his throat and then he pushes himself away from Harry, wiping at his eyes again. Harry sits there stunned, watching him as he climbs out of the bathtub.

*  *  *

All Harry can think about is how much he's fucked up. He's fucked up everything.

Louis had told him he loved him and while this was supposed to be a big, happy, momentous occasion, it had turned into one of awkwardness because Harry was a fuck up.

He had blanked, Louis told him he loved him and Harry couldn't find any words, he could only stare at Louis with a perplexed look on his face.

He couldn't even say anything when Louis began to apologize and when he pushed at Harry's chest and stood up, leaving the bathroom, his face pink with shame.

No, Harry had just sat there staring at him like an idiot. He sat in his room now feeling absolutely terrible his skin is practically crawling with guilt.

All he can think about is how when he finally got out of the bathtub, Louis was laying in bed all curled up at the edge of the bed, in his blanket.

And when Harry had laid beside him, he couldn't find it him to reach over and pull Louis to his chest. He wanted nothing more than to hold him, but his arms and chest felt heavy and even when he heard Louis begin to cry, he just couldn't close the space between them.

He had woken up and Louis had been gone so now Harry sat alone on the edge of his bed, shaking his leg because he didn't know what the fuck he was supposed to do.

Harry spends another moment, sitting and biting his nails before he throws some clothes on and rushes downstairs.

Harry is recklessly driving to Liam's house because he's convinced that he's ruined his and Louis' relationship.

When Harry pulls into Liam's driveway, he runs up the sidewalk to the door and right before he's about to bang on the door, it opens up.

"Oh my god, Liam, I need your help Lo-"