33

Louis wanted to go out, he wanted to go out a lot recently. Instead of their usual agenda of laying around and cuddling, Louis had begun requesting that he and Harry go out on 'cute dates.'

They had already been ice skating three times and when Louis ended up with a large bruise on his thigh, Harry decided that they had skated enough. They went to the movies with Liam and Niall a handful of time and even though Christmas  had passed, they built a gingerbread house together and then proceeded to lick the icing off of each other.

Their date nights usually ended with great sex and then Louis would pull Harry on top of him and let his weight press him into the mattress while he played with his curls. They spend New Year's with Niall and Liam and they get drunk and have so much fun and Louis gets his first ever New Years kiss.

It's the first week of January and Harry and Louis are wrapped around each other, Louis is propped up slightly and his finger is tracing over Harry's butterfly while Harry runs his hand over Louis' back.

"I think your butterfly is my favorite." Louis comments and he leans down and presses soft kisses to it's wings.

"Mm?" Harry hums sleepily and Louis smiles a little.

"Your butterfly. I think it's my favorite tattoo of yours." Louis repeats and then he takes hold of Harry's hand. "Don't like this one, though." He mutters and Harry turns to look at him.

"Which one?" He asks and Louis runs his finger over Harry's wrist. He watches as Louis traces his "I can't change" tattoo and Harry raises a brow. "Oh and why's that?"

"I don't know...it just...I feel like you've changed and are capable of change." Louis shrugs and begins pressing soft kisses along Harry's wrist.

"I suppose it is quite a dumb one... got it when I was like eighteen or something." Harry murmurs and it's quiet for a moment before Louis speaks up.

"I'd like a tattoo." He says and Harry chuckles a little, running a hand through Louis' hair. "Going to get that smiley face?" Harry teases and Louis hits his stomach softly.

"I might get it just to spite you actually." Louis says and Harry smiles. "Get whatever you want, love and when you do go and get it, I'll go with you."

And so a few days later Harry and Louis find themselves in a tattoo parlor. Harry knows what he wants to cover up his wrist tattoo and Louis is still trying decide, a part of him thinking that impulse would be best to go off of.

Harry is already sitting in a chair, getting prepped for his tattoo when Louis comes over to see what he's getting. "That's a pretty anchor." Louis says softly and Harry smiles at him.

"Decided what you're going to get yet?" He asks and Louis shrugs, his eyes trained on the outline for Harry's tattoo. It's quiet for a moment and then Louis looks at Harry bashfully "Can I be the rope?"

"What?" Harry asks, eyebrows furrowing slightly, a small smile finding it's way onto his lips.

"Is it alright if I get a..." Louis gestures to his own wrist "...a rope or something." He mumbles and Harry is smiling brightly at him.

"It's alright with me, is that what you want?" Harry asks and wow he can't stop smiling. Louis nods and then he goes off to find an artist who will draw something up for him.