35

:)

Harry doesn't expect to wake up to the smell of something burning and cursing on his birthday.

It's Louis' shouts that wake him up, but it's the smell of smoke that has him jumping out of bed and rushing down the stairs. "Louis!? Baby!?" He shouts as he rushes down the stairs.

Harry's running down the stairs and he's greeted by Louis screaming when he gets to the bottom of the staircase. "Go away!" Louis shouts and Harry is hit in the face with a dishrag.

"Louis what is going on-" He's cut off by Louis running over and covering his eyes. "Go away! Go away!" Louis shouts over and over trying to push Harry back up the stairs.

"Baby, I can't go away when it smells like my house is burning down." Harry says, trying to push Louis' hands away.

"Oh dammit." Louis removes his hands and he starts to cry, covering his face. "I fucked it all up." He cries and Harry looks past him to see the kitchen a right mess and the remnants of pancakes which are practically black and clearly the cause of the burnt smell.

"Oh, kitten... what were you trying to-" Harry begins and he's interrupted by Louis. "I w-was trying to m-make you breakfast in b-bed." Louis hiccups through his tears and Harry's heart is melting.

"A-and I woke up e-early and h-had Belle and Rosa m-make you a r-red velvet cake b-because they said it was your favorite." Louis continues through his tears, looking down at his feet and wiping roughly at his eyes.

"Then we w-were we gonna h-have a n-nice breakfast that I made for once a-and I was gonna suck your d-dick or something." Louis sobs, his hands falling to his sides and his head is leant back as he cries. "And now it's all ruined!"

"No, no, no, Princess it's not." Harry says, wrapping his arms around Louis, pulling him to his chest. "Yes it is." Louis cries against Harry's chest, his voice muffled by his shirt.

"No baby, it isn't, I promise it isn't." Harry says, taking Louis by the shoulders so he can look at his boy. "Just the fact that you tried means the world to me. You're such a sweetheart." Harry says and he carefully wipes away Louis' tears.

"But I wanted to make you a nice breakfast." Louis sniffles and Harry really thinks he's the cutest person on the planet.

"We can... we can still have a nice breakfast, baby boy, it's okay. We just have to clean up-"

"But it's your birthday!" Louis whines again, tears going down his cheeks, "You shouldn't clean on your birthday!"

"Princess." Harry says and he let's out a small exasperated laugh. "It's alright. I promise you it's alright."

"We can have cake for breakfast." Harry suggests, holding Louis to his chest while the smaller boy sniffles pitifully.

"You say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, you don't want cake for breakfast." Louis mumbles sadly and Harry sighs because he can't win.

"Okay. Okay um." Harry thinks for a moment. He really wants to tell Louis that they could have just laid in bed together all day and that would have been the perfect birthday.

"How about...you can clean...if that's what you want... and then we can go out for breakfast? Would you like that? You can take me out to breakfast?" Harry suggests, running his hand over Louis' back.