Chapter 11

We continue to talk for the next few hours, before I have to go to work.

***

I leave work early, remembering to remind Ben to take my shift tomorrow, before putting on some music and walking to the closest underground stop.

When I get home, I collapse on the lounge, exhausted from the week, but excited to see Nathan. I lay on the couch, relaxing, eyes closed. I slowly drift off, not noticing I'm falling asleep.

A knock on the door sounds, and I jolt up from my sleep. I blink a few times, looking at the clock and realizing I've been asleep for an hour.

"One second," I call out before standing up and stretching, checking myself in my phone camera, and walking towards the door. I pull open the door to see Nathan waiting, bag in hand.

"Nathan!" I say before hugging him, "How are you? How's Mum? And Dad and Kate? And Sam?" I beckon him in as he answers all my questions.

"I'm good, Mum's good I guess, so are Dad and Kate, Sam is getting old, but he's okay," Nathan responds with all the updates on our parents, stepmother, and family dog.

"Good," I say, before Nathan's stomach rumbles

I laugh, "go put your bag in the spare room, then we can get some food." He nods, walking down the hallway as I gather my purse and then follow after him.

"I'm just going to change quickly, then we can head out," I call from my bedroom into the spare room.

"Okay," he responds. And I hear him walk back out into the living room.

I quickly change out of my work clothes and into a grey off-the-shoulder jumper and a pair of ripped jeans.

I take a moment to freshen up my makeup before walking out into the living room

"Ready?" He asks, looking up from his phone as I walk into the room.

"Yeah," I respond, "Where do you want to go?'

"Nandos?" He says hopefully.

I roll my eyes, sighing sarcastically. He gets up, laughing, and follows me to the front door.

We head out into the hallway, getting into the lift. As I push the button for the ground floor, my phone vibrates. After leaning back against the side of the lift, I unlock my phone and check the text, noticing it's Tobi.

Do you want to get dinner?

That's where I'm headed now

"Nathan, do you mind if a friend of mine joins us for dinner?"

"Alicia?" He asks.

"No, a newish friend."

He gasps.

"Jade made a friend? Oh my god, what a time to be alive!" He says, dramatically putting a hand to his heart.

"Shut up," I say, shoving him lightly as I laugh. He laughs as well before responding to my initial question.

"Yeah, no I don't mind."

"Ok thanks," I say, returning to me and Tobi texts.

Do you want to join us?

Me and the bro are going to Nandos

Well if your going to Nandos then of course I want to join

We'll be at your flat in 5

Ok

"Do you mind if we go to his flat to get him?" I ask Nathan.

"No, that's fine," he responds, "Is it close?"

I nod, slipping my phone into my pocket.

"Basically right next door."

The lift reaches the ground floor and we get out, walking through the lobby out into the cold. We walk down the pavement until we get to the tower and I walk in, Nathan following. Walking into the lift, I push the button for Tobi's floor.

When we reach his floor, the lift opens and we walk down the hallway. When we reach Tobi's door, I knock lightly. I hear footsteps come towards the door before it opens.

"Jade!" Tobi says, pulling me into a hug.

"Hi!" I respond, "This is my brother Nathan, Nathan, Tobi; Tobi, Nathan." I gesture between them as I introduce them.

"Hi, it's really nice to meet you!" Nathan says, looking a bit starstruck.

"Likewise," Tobi says, smiling, "should we head out?"

I nod, looking over to Nathan for confirmation, and laugh at the expression on his face.

"Alright, come on," I say, pushing him down the hallway back towards the lift. Tobi falls into step beside me, Nathan a few steps ahead.

"So, how've you been?" Tobi asks.

"Good, good," I nod, "Works been stressful, but, what can you do." He nods.

"How about you?" I ask.

"I've been okay, just... going through the motions."

By this time, we're in the lift on the way down. When we get to the ground floor, Tobi walks out, Nathan holding me back a few steps behind.

"What didn't you tell me you guys were friends!?" He whispers to you.

I shrug, a smirk playing on my lips.

"Thought I'd surprise you."

"Yeah, well, I'm definitely surprised," he replies sarcastically.

I roll my eyes, a smile on my face as I skip ahead to catch up with Tobi. The three of us walk down the street, chatting. I hear Nathan mumble something from next to me.

"What?" I ask.

"I said, I feel like a third wheel."

(A/N I have a quote of Tobi saying "Oi Behz, you wanna see the mad ting, yeah?" stuck in my head but I don't know what video I can find it in. Anyone?)