Chapter 15

"Alright," I say, "See you then."

***
Me, Tobi and Cal are sat in the car on the way to the sidemen house. Tobi and Cal sit in the front of the car, dancing to the music on the radio while I sit in the back, biting my nails nervously as I think about what to say to Tobi.

The sky is grey, and although it's not raining, it looks like a storm is coming. The clouds are piled up the sky, blocking any sunlight that might have come through.

I stare out the window, coming up with different ways I could talk to Tobi. Conversations run through my head, all of them either wildly unrealistic or extremely awkward.

The car comes to a stop, pulling me from my thoughts, and I notice we've arrived. Cal and Tobi hop out of the car, and I follow.

We walk up to the door, and Tobi knocks quickly before it's opened by Josh.

"Hey," Josh says, opening the door wider to let us all in.

I walk in behind Tobi, following them into the lounge where we are greeted by Simon, JJ, and two girls I don't know. One is small and blonde, the other slightly taller with short dark hair. Tobi sits down next to Simon, meaning the only space left is next to the two girls I don't know. I glare at him, and he chuckles.

"You'll do fine," he mouths to me, and I roll my eyes, walking over towards the girls.

"Hey!" the blonde says as I sit down, "I'm Freya, and this is Talia, it's nice to meet you."

"Yeah, you too!" I smile at her, "I love your eyeshadow, it's gorgeous."

"Thank you," she smiles, "Talia did it."

"It looks so good," I say, talking to Talia this time.

"Thanks," she says, laughing as Freya attempts a model face to show off her makeup.

It's silent for a few moments before I speak again.

"So do you guys do YouTube as well, or...?" I ask.

"Well I work with sidemen clothing full time, but I've also started doing youtube on the side," Freya responds.

"Oh that's cool, so is that how you met the boys?"

"Me and Josh have actually been dating since school, and then when they started the company I decided to work there."

I nod, "What about you Talia?"

"I started YouTube a few years ago, so it's sort of become my job," she says, "what about you?"

"I work at a restaurant in London," I nod, "not really as cool as YouTube, but..."

Talia laughs, and me and Freya join her.

At around 11:00, we all decide to go to bed, Talia going up with Simon, Freya with Josh, Tobi to the spare bedroom, and me and Cal to respective couches.

I realise only after I'm lying in bed that I never got the chance to tell Tobi what I promised Alicia I would.

I sigh, deciding I can do it some other time, and close my eyes. The rain has started in earnest now, and I can hear it drumming on the roof. As much as the sound calms me, I still feel restless.

I toss and turn for the next few hours until thunder starts. I see lightning flash outside, and as I know I won't be able to sleep anytime soon anyway, get up to go watch it.

I've always loved storms, the rain calms me and the lightning makes the sky so pretty.

I stand at the glass door to the back garden, a fuzzy blanket wrapped around me, watching the sky. I stand there for a few minutes, just enjoying the calm. I close my eyes, breathing in deeply.

I hear the floor creak behind me and spin around, surprised. I see Tobi standing a few feet away and breathe out deeply.

"Jesus Tobes, you scared the shit out of me," I murmur after calming down for a few moments.

"Sorry," he mutters sheepishly, "I just got up to see the storm."

I smile, "Come join me then." I step over a bit and he stands next to me at the door.

"It's so beautiful," I whisper, looking up at the clouds.

"It really is," Tobi mumbles, and I look over at him, noticing him already looking at me. I look back at the sky quickly so he won't see me blushing.

"Tobi?" I ask, as we both look into the darkness.

"Hmm."

"I, I have to-," I pause, collecting myself before speaking again.

"I don't know how to say this," I sigh, frustrated with myself.

"Jade?" He mumbles, and I breathe in deeply, swallowing before turning to face him.

"Yeah?" I whisper, worrying about what he's about to say.

"I-," he fidgets with his hands, looking down at them quickly before making eye contact again, "I like you, like a lot. And I know this probably won't change anything, but I just thought I should tell you, and Josh said I should just go for it, but-." I cut him off, wrapping him in a hug. After recovering from the initial shock, he hugs me back tightly.

"I like you too, you idiot," I whisper into his chest.

"Oh, thank God," he mumbles, pulling away, "I was worried that you didn't."

"You really are an idiot then aren't you," I shake my head, smiling at him, "of course I do." He smiles and we both turn towards the door again, looking out at the sky. His arm is around my waist and my head rests on his shoulder.

"Jade?" He asks, still facing the sky, "I'm so glad I told you."

I smile, looking out at the rain.

"I'm glad you told me, too."

I sigh, content.

"Do you want to-" he's interrupted by a voice from behind us.

"Listen I hate to interrupt the moment or whatever, but some people trying to sleep without listening to whatever that sickeningly cute conversation was," Cal says grumpily from the couch behind us.

"Oh, shit," I whisper, "I thought you were asleep."

"Clearly, I'm not," he points out.

"Sorry bro, we'll let you sleep now," Tobi says.

"Goodnight," Cal grumbles before turning over so his face is stuffed into the pillow.

I grab my pillow and am about to get back into bed when Tobi stops me.

"Wait, will you come up to the spare room with me?" He whispers, careful to be quiet.

I consider for a moment, before nodding.

He takes my hand and pulls me up, leading me out of the dark room. We walk up the stairs, our fingers intertwined. He opens the door to the room and we both climb into bed.

His arm wraps around my waist, pulling me to his chest.

"Tobi?" I whisper, turning my head to face him, "What were you going to ask before?"

"We can talk tomorrow, for now let's just sleep," he responds, and I nod, an adoring smile on my face. He kisses my cheek before I turn around again, my back resting against his chest.

"Goodnight," he whispers, and I smile, letting go of all of the anxiety I had felt before.

(A/N iss so cute)