Chapter 14

I sigh, knowing there is no way to get rid of my feelings.

***
The next day I'm just hanging around my flat before I have to go to work, scrolling through my phone. I go onto YouTube, noticing Simon has posted a new video. I click on it, seeing some of the boys in the thumbnail.

The first half of the video is a vlog of him and Jordz going out to get a few things for  a video. When he gets back at the sidemen house, Tobi, Ethan and Josh are sat around the kitchen table and he joins. A phone chime dings loudly and you can see Tobi pick up his phone in the background. He smiles, before Ethan sneaks up behind him and takes his phone. Simon continues to film, laughing as Ethan exclaims, “Oi, Tobi’s texting a girl!”.

I giggle as I hear that, remembering something that had happened a few days and knowing it was me he had been texting.

I had been sat at my kitchen table, waiting for my muffins to finish baking. The timer went off, pulling me from my thoughts. I had stood up, grabbing an oven mitt and and opening the oven door. I pulled the muffin tin out and placed it on the stovetop, the warm air hitting me in the face. I put the next tray into the oven and closed it again, setting the timer.

Realizing just how many muffins I had made, I had texted Tobi, wondering if he wanted any.

I made too many muffins, do you want to come by and get some?

Y

esss. What kind?

Blueberry

I'll be over tonight

Text when you’re on the way

Sorry, I'm over at the sidemen house and Ethan just stole my phone
Sounds good though, I'll be there

See you then

A

t the time, I had not thought much of it, but now, the memory made me smile. Although it didn't change anything between us, it made me feel better to know that he really did enjoy speaking to me.

After work, I decide to go over to Alicia’s flat. I knock on the door quickly before letting myself in. I found her sat on the couch, flicking through her phone.

“Hey,” I say, flopping down next to her. She chucks her phone aside and turns to face me.

“What's up with you?” She asks. I smile, telling here about what I had noticed earlier.

As much as I knew I was making a big deal out of nothing, I found it cute that he smiled when I texted him. As I finish telling the short story, Alicia smiles at me.

“What?” I ask, tilting my head slightly.

“You are so smitten,” she says smirking.

I shake my head, laughing lightly.

“Look! You're blushing!” She giggles.

“Shut up,” I gently hit her arm, feeling my face heat up even more.

I look down at my lap, smiling as I think about the possibilities.

“Anyway,” I say after a few moments, “what about you? I feel like we haven't caught up in a while,”

“I'm okay, classes have been stressful but I'm surviving,” she shrugs.

“And?” I ask, referring to her relationship status.

“And what?” She says, avoiding the question

“And what's going on with Sarah?” I ask about the girl Alicia has class with who she's been crushing on for a few months.

“Not enough,” she sighs, “we've been texting but like, nothing's progressing.”

“I get that,” I say, not sure how to comfort her, “Try to tell her how you feel, from what I've heard, she seems just as keen as you are.”

“You're one to talk about telling people how you feel,” she scoffs, giving me a pointed look.

I roll my eyes, smiling at her.

“I will if you will,” she says suddenly. I furrow my brows, considering her proposition.

“Okay,” I say finally.

“Really?” She says, surprised I even considered it.

“Whatever it takes to get you two together,” I smirk.

“So it's a deal then?” she asks.

I nod, putting out my hand for her to shake.

“It's a deal.”

***
Day pass, and neither of us have the courage to do anything. I think that maybe she'll forget what we promised after neither of us have brought it up for a week. Then on Sunday night, she calls.

“Hello?” I answer.

“So guess what I did today,” she says excitedly.

“What?” I respond.

“I went out for coffee with Sarah,” she says proudly.

“And?” I ask, hoping something happened.

“We kissed,” she says excitedly.

“Yes girl! Get it!” I exclaim, “Anything else?”

“We're going out next Saturday.” I can hear her smile through the phone.

“I'm so proud of you,” I say, truly happy for her.

“But,” she says, “You know what this means.”

“What,” I sigh, already knowing what she'll say.

“You have to tell Tobi,” she smirks.

“Alicia I can't, what if it messes everything up, it'll be so awkward,” I complain.

“Nothing bad’s going to happen. Besides there's no backing out now, you promised.” She says.

“Fine, I’ll try tonight when I see him.”

“You better.”

It's silent for a moment before I sigh.

“I’m scared,” I say quietly, “what if he hates me, I couldn't bear that.”

“Jade, listen to me. He won't hate you. It's obvious he likes you, just go for it,” she reassures me.

“But what if he doesn't see me like that?” I ask, knowing I'm overthinking everything but not doing much to stop it.

“Then he's a fool,” she states simply, and I breathe out softly.

“Ok, I should go get ready,” I say.

“I'm almost home, I'll be over in ten to help you decide what to wear.”

“Alright,” I say, “See you then.”

(A/N sometimes I don't know how to write. also i am such an awkward little shit. also i have two more books in the works.  thats my life update)