Chapter 16

“Goodnight,” he whispers, and I smile, letting go of all of the anxiety I had felt before.

***
I blink my eyes open, yawning as I wake myself up. I feel an arm around my waist and smile as I remember what happened the night before. Tobi shuffles a bit behind me and I turn around, facing him.

“Good morning,” he says, his voice husky from sleep.

“Morning,” I smile, letting out a small laugh.

“What's funny?” He asks, smiling with me.

“Nothing, you're just cute.”

He laughs, shaking his head.

“I guess we should get up,” he says, hearing the others moving around downstairs.

“Mmh,” I groan, reaching my hand up and stretching.

He sits up, stretching his back before pulling on a sweatshirt that he had left on the floor yesterday.

“Help me up,” I mumble, and he turns around, chuckling.

He reaches out a hand and I take it, as pulls me up into a sitting position.

“Okay let's go,” I say, standing up before we both walk out into the hallway.

“Good morning,” Talia says cheerily as she joins us on the walk down to the kitchen.

I smile at her, “Morning.”

She pulls me aside, letting Tobi walk ahead of us a few paces.

“Did you sleep downstairs last night?” She whispers. I shake my head.

“Me and him,” I nod my head to Tobi, “Ran into each other last night looking at the storm, then Cal yelled at us for being too loud so I slept in the spare room with Tobi.”

“And?” She asks, knowing how I feel about him after our talks with Freya yesterday.

“Well nothing happened, but he said he likes me too.” I bite my lip, smiling.

“Yes! I told you,” she says quietly. I roll my eyes.

“We've got to go find Frey,” she says.

I nod, laughing at how excited she is for me.

“Don't tell the boys though, okay?” I say, “i don't really know what's happening yet so…” I shrug.

She nods, “Yeah, I get that. Though knowing Cal he probably already has.”

“True,” I say, remembering that he heard everything.

By this time we are in the kitchen, and Talia has gone over to join Simon by where he sits.

Josh and Vik are still asleep, but everyone else is gathered in the kitchen as Freya and Simon make eggs.

I join Freya at the stove, telling her what happened last night.

She claps and whisper shouts, “Babes, yes! I knew it!’

“You sound like Talia,” I giggle.

At this point, Josh comes in, still looking half asleep, and joins us at the stove.

I walk back over to where Tobi sits, standing next to him as there are no chairs left, letting Frey and Josh talk.

Tobi takes my hand under the table and I look over at him, smiling.

Cal clears his throat loudly and I look over at him.

He looks between Tobi and I, smirking. I flip him off with my free hand, before Freya interrupts.

“Eggs are done,” she says, grabbing a plate a serving herself. The others go to get food, and I decide to steal Tobi’s seat while he's up.

He turns around with his plate, and I smile innocently as he notices I'm in his seat.

He walks over, glaring at me in a sarcastic manner.

“I don't like you, you know,” he remarks.

“I'm sorry,” I say, dragging out the 'o’ and giving him puppy dog eyes.

“You have to go get food at some point so,” he shrugs, turning away from me.

“Fine, I'll go,” I roll my eyes

I stand up, and he takes his seat back, putting his food on the counter.

I go grab a plate, serve food for myself, and then walk back over.

“Can I have my seat back?” I ask innocently.

“It's my seat!” he says.

I pout, “Please?”

He sighs, scoots the seat out, and pats his leg.

I raise my eyebrows, and he cocks his head.

“You're serious aren't you?” I ask, chuckling.

“Well, if you want a seat,” he shrugs.

I shake my head, smiling, before I sit down on his lap, setting my plate on the counter.

He begins to eat, and I follow. I look up at Frey, and she raises her eyebrows at us. I shake my head, just slightly smiling, before my phone buzzes from my pocket. Freya then mouths, “open the text,” to me, and I furrow my brows.

I pull out my phone and unlock it, noticing Freya has made a groupchat with me and Talia.

Freya:
So Jade is your seat comfy? 😘😘

I look up at her, deadpan, and she starts giggling.

My phone buzzes again and I look down.

Talia:
Yeah, is it cozy?
Well I guess with you there it's more likely to be hard 🍆🍆

Freya bursts out laughing from across the room and all the boys look over at her, confused by her outbreak. Talia starts laughing as well and I feel my face go red.

“I hate you guys so much,” I say to Freya and Talia, covering my face with my hands.

The boys look between us, still confused as to what's going on.

“Is it just me that's confused?” Simon asks, and the rest of them shake their heads.

“Sooo,” JJ says, waiting for an explanation.

“So basically,” Talia starts, still laughing, “Freya texted-”

“No, no, no,” I interrupt. She smiles smugly before continuing.

“Freya texted us saying-” I reach over the table and put my hand over her mouth.

“I really don't like you,” I say to her, and Freya starts laughing again. I drop my hand to the table and sit back down again.

“Wow, what an explanation,” JJ snorts, after none of us say anything for a few moments.

“Don't worry,” Cal says, raising his eyebrows at me, “I know.”

(A/N I feel like this whole book is filler chapters but iss okay. Also I've finally figured out how this book will end)