Chapter 2

I wake up to the sun shining in my room and a cool breeze coming from the balcony door. Whoops, I might have forgotten to shut that last night.

I head towards my bathroom turning on the light I catch a glimpse of me. My hair is slightly messy and I'm still in the dress I wore yesterday.

If my mother saw me still in this dress she would not be too happy. I strip off my dress and turn the water on.

Once it's at the temperature I want I jump in. I don't take too long because I have to ask my parents about public school.

I got out of the shower drying off then wrapping the towel around my body. I exit the bathroom and head to my walk-in closet. I see all the variety of dresses. I decided on a baby blue blouse with a grey high waisted skirt that ended a few inches above my knees. What just because I'm a princess doesn't mean I have to wear a fancy dress all the time I just wear dressy clothing if not a dress.

I braid a small part of my long bangs then pin it up into a messy bun. I look in my vanity mirror. My brown hair was not that bad looking so I decided to leave it be before it did look bad.

I exit my room at the same time, my sister, Darlene did.

"How have you bee haven't seen you in a while?" she says. My sister looks like me but younger and her eyes aren't green like mine they're brown like our mother's.

"I've been exceptional" I smile at her but she groans.

"quit being so formal and princess-like" she frowns, I roll my eyes.

"It's hard not to be when I've been learning to act like this since I was three, your lucky you got to start when you were 8," I say as we enter the dining room.

Mother and father were there waiting for us. We sat down in our usual spots which were across from each other.

"Are you excited for your masquerade ball in two weeks?" I inquire looking Darlene in the eyes.

She nods her head slightly I'm guessing she's nervous by the ways she doesn't seem all that excited.

I finish my fruit salad and ask to be excused from the table. I walk to the library. I open the doors to find Mya sitting at one of the tables. Usually, I don't see her in here at all.

"Hey," I say walking past her and to a row of bookshelves. I look through the many types of book and just pick up a greek mythology book. I don't care for it but I just grabbed a random book so I'm not being picky.

I sat down next to mya and speed read through it.

"So have you asked your parents yet?" she questioned. I sigh and shake my head.

"I haven't got to it yet mother had me helping her and the party planners plan my birthday ball and then I was too exhausted to ask and then Darlene was at breakfast today and then I just didn't ask" I rant.

I lay my head on the table. To be honest I'm scared to ask because I don't want to anger them you know and then the won't even let me leave the castle at all.

Okay, fine I'm over exaggerating but it could happen you never know.

"Come on how bad could it be?" my questions while poking my arm.

"I could end up never being to leave" I groan. I learned how to be normal around Mya because she used to squirt me with cold water when I was formal and well because she's my best friend.

I glance up at her as her blond bangs fall into her eyes. She gives me a 'quit over-exaggerating' look.

"Fine, I'll go and ask" I get up and walk over towards the door. Hopefully, this works, fingers crossed.

I walk into the throne room. My mother and father are having a conversation until they notice my presence.

"What could we help you with?" father asked. I inhale slowly and then exhale out real fast.

"I was wondering if you could maybe possibly consider letting me go to public school" I try stalling but the end up rushing out.

Both my parents head snap up when they hear what I said.

"Not even possible your duty is here," my father said not even considering listening to what I have to say.

"Please, could you at least hear me out?" I question with pleading eyes.

I see mother hive him a look to at least listen. She turns her head and nods toward me to continue.

"Well you did start having me train since I was three and I finished two years ago and now all I'm doing is sitting in this castle doing absolutely nothing plus it will help me know exactly what our people want" I say just coming up with this stuff of the top of my head because I honestly never thought they would even listen to what I had to say.

"We'll give you an answer after dinner and after we discuss this situation," mother said then dismissed me.

I turned around and walked out of the room. If they're going to discuss it then that's a good sign... Right?

Oh my, I am going to have a hard time waiting for their answer. What should I do to keep busy? This is gonna be one long day.

~~~~~~After dinner~~~~~~~~

I went straight to my room after dinner, waiting for my parents to ask for me.

Today was indeed a long day. I couldn't keep busy I kept looking at the clock every few minutes.

Mr. Paisley showed up at my door a few minutes later.

"You've been requested in the throne room," he said stepping aside as I rushed out of the room.

I walked down the many long hallways until I came to the dark wooden doors with crowns on them. I push the doors open. I looked into the room and pushed my feet to move closer to my parents as they watched my every step.

I stop when I reach them. They look at me then at each other then back to me.

My father cleared his throat before he started to talk. "So we decided that we are not allowing you to go to public school" he paused, wait I waited all day to get the same answer as before.

Well, there goes a whole day wasted that I'll never get back. When I look back up my mother is the next to speak.

"I'm sorry but we came to the conclusion that you won't be attending school alone," she said with a smile.

"Wait, you're giving me permission to go to school beyond the castle wall?" I asked my parents in disbelief.

They nod their heads. This is incredible, they never let me leave the castle grounds. I can't wait.

Authors note

The update came a who lot earlier than tomorrow that just means there will possibly be two updates tomorrow as well.

And this chapter is also not edited.
Hope you enjoyed.

Until next time

Rae