Chapter 8

Yesterday was fun when we went out to eat lunch. We also goofed off at the park after we ate.

It's midnight and I couldn't get comfortable in bed. I just sat there twisting and turning but ended up giving up and heading towards the kitchen.

When I entered the kitchen the light was already on, Mr. Paisley was sitting at the island drinking what I think is coffee.

"Hello princess, what has you up this late when you have school?" he questions as I search the cupboards for the hot chocolate mix.

"I don't know I just couldn't sleep you know my mind kept drifting to things and then this one boy and then I can't fall asleep" I pause looking at him as I add "where is the hot chocolate mix?"

Mr. Paisley got up and went to the cupboard opposite of me getting it down along with a cup. As he decided to make it for me.

I watched as he filled the cup with water and placed it in the microwave.

"So who is this person that has your mind wandering?" he asked as he watched the cup. 

"It's no one" I blush a little if he knew I liked someone he could end up telling my parents.

"What has you up this late?" I question him instead. He gets the cup full of now hot water putting in the cocoa mix.

He handed it to me after he stirred the hot cocoa.

"Its nothing really, its just that my mother is getting remarried to a guy she barely even know. I think she should get to know the guy before she goes through with the marriage and stuff you know" he rants on about his mother.

"All she knows about him is that he is loaded and living with a bunch of other people in a huge house. I'm mean she could be after the money but I don't know or maybe she really does love him" he whispers the last part to himself.

I drink my cocoa as he talks even more about his mother. This is what I always liked about Mr. Paisley he didn't care that I'm the princess and he doesn't want to bother me with his problems. I remember one time about two years ago is when I actually got him to open up about his problems to me.

It took away until he realized that I would be there for him to talk about his problems since I always came to him when I had something to get of my chest.

He didn't tell me the real personal stuff about him and I never told him my real personal stuff.

After about an hour of telling each other what was bothering us, he dismissed himself so he could go to bed.

I stayed in the kitchen finishing my second cup of hot cocoa. When finished I headed up to my room.

I lay down trying my best to think of something other than Darius.

I close my eyes expecting to be met with dark but I picture his grey eyes. Why can't I go two seconds without thinking of him?

I sigh opening my eyes again and looking up at the ceiling through the dark of the room.

I look at my clock after a long time of laying on my back with my thoughts going wild. 

The clock showed brightly through the dark room telling me that it was 5 wow how can I be thinking about Darius for three hours.

I decided to close my eyes and just lay there hoping I would drift off to sleep.

I feel myself finally relax and drift off into a light slumber, only to be woken up by my alarm clock. Dang, it happened again.

I sigh turning the alarm off and heading towards the shower. I stand under the water trying my best to stay awake as the water hit my back.

I wash my hair and body then hop out of the shower.