Chapter 24

Elena's POV

Darius stuck to his promise and we're currently heading to a ice cream shop.

I was excited I rarely got ice cream. My two favorite ice cream flavors are bananasplit and cherry chocolate.

Darius pulls into the parking lot, parking in a empty space.

Darius got out of the door running at an inhumane speed to my door opening it for me.

"Thanks"

Darius places his hand in mine, pulling me towards the shop.

When Darius pulled the door open a bell rang signaling the workers that people are here.

The shop had booths placed near the windows and a few stray tables in the middle of the room.

We head over to the counter. "I can get any flavor I want right?" I asked making Darius chuckle.

"Yes you can get any flavor you want princess" Darius flashed me a warm smile.

When we stopped at the counter the worker was a girl our age and she flashed us a smile.

The looked at the girls name tag, her name was Evie Hamilton.

"What can I get you today?" She asked, her voice was quiet but loud enough so you can hear.

"I'll get a English toffee in a waffle cone please and a.." Darius stop waiting for me. My eyes skimmed over the flavors. My eyes stopped over one of my favorite foavors.

"I guess I'll go with the chocolate cherry also in a waffle cone" I answered.

She gave us our orders then Darius paid. We were walking to the door until Evie stopped us.

"Hey wait up. So since I'm new to town I was wondering if it would be alright if I could kinda hang out with you guys and maybe we could even become friends or something" she shrugged.

I look to Darius seeing if he would mind.

'It's up to you I don't mind really' I heard Darius taking in my mind. I give him a questioning look.

'I'll explain later'

"Sure you can hang out with us"  I reply.

She smiled as we walked out to the car.

She got in the back while Darius and I got in the front.

I finally finished my ice cream when we arrived at the park but Darius was already finished his not even two minutes after he got it.

We all pulled out of the car and headed towards the side walk. I smiled at the memory of the time I brought Darlene here.

"So where did you move from?" Darius asked Evie.

"Just a few towns over not that big of a place really" she seemed to not want to be specific.

"Why did you move here?" She tensed up.

"I don't want to say" she mumbled shifting her gaze away from me.

"It's fine you don't have to tell us if you don't feel ready" she nodded her head becoming distant.

I glance at Darius who looked back at me with a shrug. I give him a small smile.

"Well anyways do you enjoy it here at least?" I change the subject.

"Yeah I guess the people here are much nicer than the ones back at my old place" she shrugged.

We walked over to a bench sitting down.