🔍FIVE🔎

"Do you want something to drink?" Harry asked.

Amanda stared down at the table in an interview room of the police station. "No thanks."

"Okay."

He and Zayn sat down at the table across from her.

"You said you were Niall's fianceé." Harry began. "So obviously you just lost someone very dear to you. Someone you loved."

She nodded.

"Why don't you tell us a little bit about how you two met and became engaged."

She put her elbows on the table and played with her hands. "I was moving in the house across the street from him about three years ago when he happened to be checking his mailbox. He saw me bringing in my crates from college and he struck up a conversation with me. After that, I would babysit his daughter at night whenever he nor his wife could be home to do it."

"So you knew he was married?"

"Yeah. I knew. But I didn't come on to him. He came on to me. I rejected him at first because I didn't want to ruin his marriage but he told me that they had been arguing nonstop and that they had agreed to get a divorce. She just needed to get a place and move out. But until then, they had agreed to see other people. So I decided to go ahead and get involved with him."

"And what did Fionne think about that?"

"She was pissed and refused to move out. He even offered her fifty thousand dollars to leave and then one hundred thousand more but she refused to take it. She claimed that she still loved him and didn't want to separate anymore. But she was only doing it out of spite because she sure didn't show that she loved him. She was always picking fights with us. She called me a whore on many occasions in front of him and Arelie and she claimed that I only liked him for his money."

"Is that true?"

"No. It's a lie. Two and a half years ago, my uncle left me one million dollars. That's how I was able to purchase my house before I even got hired at the job I have now. I don't need Niall's money. I loved him because he made me me happy and he made me feel safe. I didn't care that we were fourteen years apart. That meant nothing to me."

She turned the ring on her finger.

"I loved him so much that I was willing to wait for him. I didn't care how long I was going to have to wear this ring as only his fianceé. I wore it proudly and I was going to do that until the day Fionne finally decided to set him free." She buried her face in her hands and she sobbed. "And now it's never going to happen because she killed him."

Harry and Zayn looked at each other.

"How do you know that?" Zayn asked.

"I don't. It's just that I don't see how she didn't. She didn't love him anymore and I know she'd rather he be dead than with me."

Harry sat up. He wasn't going to get caught up in the accusing game. He just wanted the truth. "And see, that's the thing, Amanda."

She looked up at them. "What?"

"She had an alibi and we confirmed it. However, you don't have an alibi and to add to that, blonde hair was found on Niall's body. If you were involved with him like you say, then if we get a sample of your DNA and we test it, I'm sure the strand of hair will match yours. Is there anything you want to say?"

She went quiet and sat back in her seat. "But I was at home."

"Can anyone confirm that?"

"No. Just me. But I didn't kill him. Why would I murder the man I love?"