🔍FIFTEEN🔎 ❔

"Zayn. Harry. This is Jersey Lynnwood." Chief Payne said around twelve thirty the next day. "He's the private investigator we put on the case to find Rachael Cooper."

Currently, all four of them were in the Chief's office awaiting to hear the results of the investigation.

"Nice to meet you."

"Yeah. Nice to meet you."

They both shook Jersey's hand.

"Good to meet you too. I'm glad you called upon me for this." He sat a sheet of paper down on the desk in front of them. "So I did find her and it turns out, she didn't move far from the house she moved out of. Also, she only has one sister, so I didn't have to guess when I finally found her. That is her sister's address, right there."

He pointed to a line on the paper.

"I actually found this yesterday evening after going on my search. But I had to watch the place first before I came back with the info just to make sure the boy you're looking for really is staying there."

He took out his phone and after pecking at the screen a bit, showed them a picture he had taken. "Is this him?"

They leaned forward to get a closer look and Zayn nodded when he saw the picture of a teenage boy standing at the open trunk of a white car. "Yep. That's him. How long ago was it that you saw him?"

"Only about an hour ago. I came right on after I took this picture."

Harry and Zayn looked at each other but quickly turned away.

"So he could still be there right now, then." Harry said.

Zayn nodded. "He doesn't go to school either so the likelihood of it is high. We should probably go now."

"Sure."

They went to stand up but the chief held his hand up. "Wait, you two. Sit."

They looked at him with confusion but he faced Jersey.

"Thank you, Mr. Lynnwood. We appreciate all you do here."

Jersey took that as his cue to leave and he gathered his briefcase and coat. "No problem. See you later."

When he left, Zayn folded his arms. "No offense, but that's a possible killer we're trying to get there, Chief Payne."

"I know that. But if he's not gone by now, he's not going anywhere within the next ten minutes either. Before I send you two out in the field, I need to know why you won't look at each other."

They didn't answer him.

"Maybe you don't understand or you just don't care. But a large part of your job is about actually enjoying working with your partner. It helps when you need to have each other's back in tough situations on the job. With that in mind, I'm worried that you two didn't ever work out your issues as you said but rather put on a front so that you didn't have to go through the trouble of working with a new partner."

"Not true." Harry said.

"It's not?"

"No. It's not. We actually did work out our problems and we're fine at work. I have no problem working with him."

"And you, Zayn?" He asked as he clasped his hands together on his desk.

"I have no problem working with him either."

"So then why are you two sulking?"

"Sulking?" Harry asked quickly. "There is certainly no sulking here in this chair."