🔍EIGHT🔎 ❔

Zayn and Harry thought they may need to go inside and show their badges in order to talk to Amanda but to their luck, she was actually walking out of the building as they were walking up. When she spotted them, she ran over to them.

"Detective Styles. Detective Malik. Did you find out who did it?"

Harry shook his head. "No ma'am. We didn't. But I'm afraid we're going to have to question you again."

"Why? I told you everything."

"Not everything. So I think we better go some place and talk privately if you don't want to be questioned in public."

They could see fear on her face. "Uh... Yeah. I guess we could go outside to the little pavilion and sit and talk there." She suggested.

They shrugged. "Sure. Whatever is comfortable for you."

"Okay."

They were courteous enough to let her put her bags in her car first. And then they let her lead them over to a pavilion located on the right side of the building and in a grass lot.

"Okay." She said as they sat down. "What is it that you think I left out?"

Harry, although he wanted to question her, looked at Zayn. He wanted him to be the one to tell her what they knew because despite never telling Zayn, he always felt he was better with those they interviewed whenever the topic was sensitive.

"Well... We know you didn't tell us that you're pregnant."

She panicked. "What? How do you even know that?"

"How we know that isn't important. What's important is that we do and you sure weren't the one to tell us."

She bit her thumb nail. "I know."

"Why is it a secret?"

She looked down in her lap. "It's not."

"Then why don't you want anybody to know?"

"Don't say it like that. It's not that I'm ashamed. I'm not. I don't care if people know I'm having his child. I just don't want Fionne to know."

"Why? Do you feel guilty?"

"No. I didn't feel guilty when I found out and I still don't. When I first found out I was pregnant, we decided to keep it hidden from Fionne for as long as we could. Niall said he'd been noticing that Fionne treats Arelie different now."

"What do you mean? Does she hit her?"

"No but she would say little sly things about me to her all the time. He told me about the time Fionne was late picking Arelie up from school one day. When he questioned her why, she said that if Arelie wanted to be picked up on time, then Arelie should have called me since she loves me so much. She fears that Arelie loves me more than her."

"Does she?"

"I don't know. I'd like to say yes. She doesn't like to be alone with her. I never tried to get her to turn on her mother ever but I always treated her as if she was my own child and whenever Niall and I got married, she would have been just like my own child. The way I treat her now would never have changed."

"And what about your unborn child?" Harry asked. "Does Arelie know about it?"

"Yes, she knows."

"Does she know to keep it a secret?"

"Yes. We told her to keep it a secret but we never told her why. We didn't want to scare her. She's just a child. She shouldn't be afraid of her own mother. Even though I think she is anyway."