🔍EIGHTEEN🔎

Zayn pulled into the driveway of a brick house and turned off the engine. It had been a long time since he saw this place. Eight and a half months to be exact. And despite that he came home to this house for all ten years of their marriage, he felt like he was at a foreign place now. It didn't even look familiar anymore.

The car in front of them had come to a complete halt as well and out stepped Allen from the driver's side. By the time Allen went to the trunk, Harry and Zayn were there to help him get the wheelchair out. After unfolding it, they wheeled it to the passenger side and opened the door.

"I can't believe I was gone from here for almost three weeks. I missed home so much." Louis said as Zayn and Allen worked together as best as they could to put him in the wheelchair without hurting him. Harry held the chair stable.

"Yes, I know, babe. My main concern was that you would be able to come home soon and not have to stay so long in there. I'm so glad they sent you home." Allen said.

Louis grinned up at him as his boyfriend pushed him up to the front door. "My car is totaled though. So I don't know what I'm going to do about that. I should look into it soon."

"No. You should relax for now." Allen told him after unlocking the door and opening it. Then he pulled him into the house. "Wherever you need to go, I will take you. Plus, I'm going to be right here with you for a while. So don't even worry."

Harry closed the door but didn't bother to lock it behind himself. He heard Louis gasp loudly and when he came into the kitchen where everyone was, he saw green and orange welcome home balloons that had been tied to the biggest snack basket he had ever seen.

"Allen, did you do this?" Louis asked.

"All three of us chipped in for it. We wanted you to show that smile we love so much."

Louis did smile but it was so overwhelming that he just burst into tears.

Zayn knelt down beside him in a panic. "Louis, are you alright?"

"Yes, yes. I'm fine."

"Then why are you crying?"

"Because I'm overwhelmed. I almost died, Zayn. I came so close but I didn't and then to have you and Allen here getting along and getting me a gift together." He pouted. "You all know I'm not going to be able to get any exercise with this broken foot and bulky sling. You just want me to get fat."

"Lou." Allen said. "Don't say things like that. You're getting very emotional."

"Because I can't help it. This is a very emotional day."

"I know. But getting some sleep may help. You could try getting to bed early. The nurse did tell you lots of rest and sleep will speed up the heeling process."

Louis looked at him with a slow nod. "Yeah. Plus I do need a good night's sleep. Even with the medicine, it was so hard to rest fully when I was in the hospital. Quality sleep seems impossible when you're not in your own bed."

"Mhm." Allen began to roll his wheelchair to the back of the house and Zayn went back there with them so he could help get Louis changed and into the bed if he needed it.

Allen did need help getting Louis into his pajamas but Louis pulled most of his own weight and used his uninjured arm and his uninjured foot when getting in the bed. Once he was tucked in comfortably, he sighed happily. "Allen, can you bring me a glass of water with ice so I can take my medicine, please?"

"Sure. I'll be right back."

Though Allen left the room, Zayn stayed bedside.

"I'm sorry." He said.