🔍SEVEN🔎

At the courthouse, Zayn had finally obtained Niall Horan's will from the court clerk and was standing at the counter reviewing it. At the very beginning, nothing about the will seemed unordinary. But the more he read over it, the more things started to come together. His lips parted as he read the words and scanned through the pages. Just as he thought, this would provide some direction about Niall's murder. Harry needed to see this.

"Excuse me, ma'am."

The court clerk looked at him.

"Yes, detective?"

"May I please have a copy of this?"

"Yes sir. Hold on one moment."

While she took the papers to make copies, Zayn dialed Harry up on his cell phone.

"Styles." Harry said into the phone.

"I have the will. How is the life insurance policy coming?"

"Pretty good, I'd say. I just got back in the car. You are not going to believe what's on it."

"That's funny because I was going to say the same exact thing about his will."

"What'd you find?"

"Right now the court clerk is making copies so I'll explain it when I meet up with you. I'll meet you at the station in ten minutes. Okay?"

"Yeah. I'll be there."

When he got off the phone, the court clerk came over to him. "That will be three dollars even."

He handed her the bills and took the papers in exchange. Then he quickly made his way outside and rushed to the station.

* * *

Harry decided he wanted to drive this time. So it was Zayn who was sliding into the passenger seat of his car.

"Alright. What have you got for me?"

Harry didn't mind going first. "It turns out that Niall took out a twenty year, two million dollar term life insurance policy on himself about eight years ago. But get this. He changed the beneficiary a little over a year ago. Amanda and Arelie are the primary beneficiaries of the money. Half of it is supposed to go into a trust fund that is untouchable until Arelie turns eighteen and the other half goes into a trust fund for Amanda that she can use right away."

Zayn hummed. "That's interesting. Seems a lot like what he tried to do in the will."

"It does?"

"Yes. Listen to this. 'I am married to Fionne D. Horan and all references in this will to my spouse refer to Fionne D. Horan. I have one living child named Arelie B. Horan. All references in this will to my "child" or "children" include the above child or children or any child or children hereafter born to or adopted by me. I give my entire interest in the real property which was my residence at the time of my death together with any insurance on such real property to my spouse Fionne D. Horan. I give my entire interest in any personal automobile, household goods, furnishings, clothing and tangible articles of personal nature not otherwise disposed of in the will by specific bequeath to my spouse Fionne. D. Horan. If said devisee or devisees fails to survive me, then this gift shall go to my Fianceé Amanda L. Roder.'"

Harry raised his brow and sort of faced Zayn. "Wait. Are you serious?"

"One hundred percent. 'I nominate my spouse Fionne D. Horan to serve as executor of my estate. If my spouse Fionne D. Horan fails or is unable for any reason, to serve as executor of my estate, I nominate my daughter Arelie B. Horan.'"