- NINETEEN -

do you like the new book cover? here's an extra long valentine's day special chapter!! :)

———

Seokjin walks around the flower shop in frustration, his three friends following.

"What are you even trying to find?" Namjoon is tapping his foot, looking at the clock.

"That's the problem, I don't know!" Seokjin approaches a stand with roses in every colour. "I mean I'm pretty sure that girls like roses on Valentine's Day, but, like, how many? Is there a tradition for that? They should be red, right?"

Yoongi raises a questioning eyebrow. "You do know that we're in Korea, right? Today girls are supposed to give us, the boys, chocolate."

"Of course I know, I was pretty much drowning in that stuff last year!" Seokjin answers in an annoyed tone. "This is one of the exchange students. She's European, or American or something like that, hell do I know. The blonde one. Anyways, she's really hot so I wanna impress her." He pulls at his hair, looking around at his friends. "Jeongguk, you're educated enough, do you know?"

The youngest looks up from his phone upon hearing his name. "Hyung, why would I know how many roses to buy? Just get some chocolate or cheese and you'll be fine."

"You're useless! Completely useless, all of you!" Seokjin quickly grabs a few red roses and puts them on the counter. "This should do."

The four boys have to rush to school in order to not be late after Seokjin's little flower emergency, Jeongguk insisting that attendance is important. They part ways and agree to meet at lunch, everybody going to their respective classes, which for the maknae happens to be english. He takes a seat at his usual spot, writing a little note to Taehyung, as always.

good morning! and
happy valentine's day
i guess
/ j  

(why do we still write
who these messages are from lol)

(idk it feels weird not to lol we
can't change traditions)

(i'm keeping my "/j" fight me)

He even adds a little heart and some stars out of pure boredom, 'cause why not. When he goes to eat lunch three hours later, he finds Namjoon and Seokjin at a table, the latter's head hanging.

"The roses didn't quite work out?" He asks as Yoongi comes to take a seat as well.

"She's allergic," Seokjin mutters, and Jeongguk almost laughs at his salty expression. Almost.

"That sucks, man." Namjoon shrugs and pats—or more like hits—Seokjin's back a few times before diving into his lunch box.

"Valentine's Day is for losers anyways," Jeongguk reassures his hyung in an attempt to comfort. 

"Says the only one here that actually has a valentine!" Yoongi rolls his eyes.

Jeongguk looks at him in confusion. "What?"

"Oh please, as if that Taeyong dude isn't gonna ask you out. You're pretty much his boyfriend!"

"It's Taehyung, and again, what?"

"Ever since you made friends with those nerds, you never hang out with us anymore," Yoongi says. "Not that I care, of course."

Jeongguk leans back and stares at him, he almost feels touched by the older's words. "Min Yoongi...don't tell me you're jealous."