- TWENTY-FIVE -

A month passes quicker than ever and Taehyung and Jeongguk are unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) getting out of their puppy love phase. However, that doesn't stop Taehyung from wrapping his arms around Jeongguk from behind when he spots him with Aeri and Namjoon in the locker hall.

"Happy one month!" He mumbles playfully into the younger's ear.

"Oh my gosh, you scared me!" Jeongguk laughs, turning around in the other's embrace to look him in the eyes. "But happy one month to you too!"

Taehyung lets go of his boyfriend and leans against the wall. "I've gotta go now, but can I ask you out on a date tonight?"

"Sure!" Jeongguk grabs his Japanese book while waving his boyfriend off with a smile. He turns around to see that Aeri's eyes are narrowed as her glance follows Taehyung.

"Let him live, Aeri," Namjoon rolls his eyes at his friend.

"Yeah, whatever." She straightens her ponytail and walks away, arms crossed. "Come on, Jeonggukie!"

"Coming!" Jeongguk says through gritted teeth. He turns to Namjoon. "I can't stand her anymore, remind me why we have to hang out with her again?"

"Jeongguk, you know she's friends with my girlfriend. I can't just not allow her to be with us."

"Yeah, well, can't she leave me alone!?" Jeongguk shakes his head. "And Tae! Is she homophobic or something?"

Namjoon looks at him with scolding eyes. "Hey, she's never been mean to you, has she? Don't pay her much attention and maybe she'll do the same for you."

"Yeah, yeah." Jeongguk groans. "I should go to class now anyways so see ya!"

"Bye!"

Jeongguk takes his usual seat at the back of the classroom. This month's topic is diving deeper into Kanji and how it's used in the Japanese language, also China's general influence on Japanese culture throughout history. Even though it is quite an interesting topic, Jeongguk can feel his attention span growing shorter as the teacher says the exact same things as yesterday, and so his eyes drift down to his desk. Taehyung has left a message, as usual.

good morning hun!
how are you today?
xx
i thought you might
be bored so have this
to cheer you up:

what do you call a
pony with a sore
throat?

a little horse!
~ t

A grin spreads across Jeongguk's face after reading the message. This is something Taehyung has been doing for him for a while now; he gives Jeongguk jokes, flirty notes or anything to make the other less bored. And Jeongguk really appreciates all the little things that his boyfriend does for him everyday. Smiling, he writes a quick note back before once again focusing on the lesson.

+

Neither Taehyung nor Jeongguk take that many after school classes, so it's only a few hours later that the two of them meet on the school yard. Taehyung is reading on his phone but looks up when Jeongguk greets him. "Hello!"

"Hi!" Tae takes his hand and they start walking. "I've barely seen you today! How are you?"

Jeongguk squeezes his hand while answering. "I've been tired, but now I'm happy! Where are we going?"

"Well, guess what I bought?" Taehyung starts fishing in his pocket, taking out two pieces of paper. "Tickets to Infinity War! In 3D," he adds.

"Awesome!" Jeongguk claps in excitement. "Thank you!"

"That's alright!" Taehyung interlocks their fingers, cheerfully swinging their hands back and forth as they walk.

————

hey guys!! sorry about the very short chapter, i'm at a party right now but i wanted to update. we played pain pong (beer pong but with disgusting liquids) and i won! i've had to down cups of hot sauce and pickle juice tho rip

well at least i didn't have to drink the vinegar (my best friend did lol)