- TWENTY-TWO -

It's neither of them's first kiss. Taehyung's had a couple in past relationships, Jeongguk with the girls in his friend group. It is, however, their first time kissing each other, and it's completely different. Sure, the feeling of someone's lips on their own is the same, but the overwhelming emotion flooding both of the boys' hearts is something else. Jeongguk has never experienced such a thing before, the feeling of wanting another person near you so badly. Craving that they never pull away. As cheesy as it sounds, Jeongguk wishes he could stop time right there and now, take a picture and keep it forever and ever under his pillow.

Tae's hands stroking his back and jaw, his arms around Taehyung's neck...Taehyung doesn't want it to stop either. He let's his fingers travel down Jeongguk's back, hooking around the younger's waist. Jeongguk runs his hands gently through Tae's hair, twisting strands of it between his fingers. The hairstyle is going to be ruffled and all messed up later, but it's okay because Taehyung doesn't mind when it's Jeongguk.

The not very long kiss feels like an eternity, so when Taehyung pulls away to breath, Jeongguk doesn't mind. He grabs both of Taehyung's hands, 20 fingers intertwining as the young boys take shaky breaths. Taehyung smiles fondly at Jeongguk, whose knees are weak and thoughts are all over the place.

"So, um, yeah." The younger is the first to speak. "Maybe I should, like, say now that I like you. Like, like like you, um, you know?" He looks down at their hands, but Taehyung brings them up to their sides.

"I kinda figured." He kisses the furiously blushing boy's nose. "And I have a crush on you too."

And that's how their second kiss happens.

Multiple pecks, hugs and giggles later, the happy boys are once again cuddled up on the tiny mattress in the wooden house. Jeongguk is half sat up while Taehyung, whose arms are wrapped around the younger, is resting on his chest. The position is perfect for Jeongguk to smell and play with the other's hair, and Taehyung enjoys it a bit too much. The setting sun illuminates the room with different hues of gold and pink, the scent of wood giving it a cozy feeling.

"Ggukie?" A tired Taehyung is half asleep in Jeongguk's soft embrace.

"That would be me." Jeongguk lets his fingers run through Tae's hair, softly twisting and pulling.

Taehyung looks up at the younger's face, feeling confident even I'm his sleepy state. "Do you want to be my boyfriend?" He speaks slowly and quietly because of the tiredness.

Jeongguk blushes for the 50th time that day, melting his hyung's heart as usual. "I would absolutely love to, if you'd let me..." he says shyly.

Taehyung chuckles and lays his head back down. "I was asking you to be my boyfriend, wasn't that obvious?"

"Oh!" Jeongguk let's out the breath he's been holding. "Then you know the answer already."

"Idiot. It's official then," Tae mumbles into the brunette's shoulder. He takes Jeongguk's hand and intertwines their fingers again, elbows resting on their chests.

"I'm so glad you're my boyfriend now," Jeongguk whispers, softly kissing their knuckles.

"Mm hmm..." Tae hums drowsily, leaning further into Jeongguk's warm chest. "What happened to Jeon 'I'm not fucking gay' Jeongguk?"

"I was hoping you'd forget I ever said that..."

"Never, babe, never." Taehyung opens his eyes for a moment before closing them again. "If you die before I do, I'll make sure they put that on your gravestone."

"You're mean," Jeongguk says, pouting. But no response is heard, because the mean one yawns and is sound asleep on his chest. It's not even late, but Jeongguk recalls Tae telling him about how he pulled an all nighter for a test he had today, so it's acceptable. He can just wake him up when it's time to go.

+

That night, Jeongguk can't concentrate on anything; one subject keeps appearing in his clouded mind.

He has a boyfriend.

Jeongguk picks up his laundry basket, putting the white laundry in with the coloured.

That boyfriend is Taehyung.

"How was your day, Jeongguk-ah?" His mum asks at dinner.

"I kiss- it was alright."

He kissed Taehyung.

He brushes his teeth for over ten minutes, just spacing out.

And Taehyung kissed him.

His phone buzzes with a goodnight text from Tae. He replies to it.

He likes Taehyung and Taehyung likes him back

He falls asleep quickly that night, feeling happier and bubblier than ever.

Taehyung and him are together.

———

Hello! I haven't found any time to write this month so I'm probably a bit rusty with my English hehe... Anyways I feel more motivated nowadays and I DO have a plan for this story believe it or not, so expect more updates soon!