shut up and drive

JACKPOT!

You grabbed hold of the wooden handle pulling out the bright new blade of a cherry red shovel. Swinging it through the air you tested out the movement and feel, before placing it securely in your bag, going back to stockpiling as many items as you could carry.

You were just about to continue with your search for some more ammo when you heard it. A low primal growl that seemed to cut through the silence and rattle your bones.

There was a Hunter in here with you. Wasting no time, you gathered up everything that you could carry and made a beeline for the exit, praying that it hadn't spotted you yet.

Making your way back you ran over to the driver side of the car, knocking on the roof to get Paul's attention.

He jumps emerging from under the dashboard to look up at you and immediately screams.

Grabbing his gun he pointed it straight at your head pulling the trigger and with lightning speed, you didn't know you had, you leapt forward pushing it upward as two large bullets pierced the roof of the car.

You stood there shaking as the noise from the gun echoes around the ivory walls. taking a shaky breath your blood boiled as anger replaced your previous terror.

"What the hel-"

you never got to finish those words as the car abruptly springs to life. crying out as if it felt the gunshot wound. the windshield wipers snapping back and forth as the alarm screams in pain.

MEEEEEP MEEEEEP MEEEEEEP

"Shit turn it off turn it off"

"I'm trying I'm trying"

Panicking you both tried everything to get the blasted thing to turn off, pushing every button you could find and succeed in only making matters worse. Until you hear a crazed scream followed by the low growling in the distance.

You run to the other side diving in as you practically scream over the noise

" FUCK IT no time just drive"
"DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE"

Hearing the approaching danger Paul slams his foot down and thankfully the car roars to life jerking forward just as a crowd of infected swarms towards you and with that, You both speed off down the twisted corridors of the mall labyrinth.
" I WARNED YOU DIDN'T I! I SAID THAT THIS WAS A BAD IDEA BUT NOOO YOU DIDN'T LISTEN DID YOU, OF COURSE, YOU DIDN'T WHY WOULD YOU NO BOADY LISTENS TO ME!"

"HEY THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU HADN'T TRIED TO SHOOT ME! BY THE WAY WHAT THE HELL??!!?"

"WELL I'M SORRY" he snapped back sarcastically

"BUT YOU MAKE A SERIOUSLY CONVINCING HUNTER MAYBE YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT PUTTING YOUR HOOD DOWN IF YOU DONT WANT PEOPLE TAKING A SHOT AT YOU!!!"

You huffed opening your mouth to continue your screaming match when a sudden bang stopped you, looks like Right now you both had bigger thing to worry about.

A horrible metallic scraping sounded making you both look up to see large claw indents appeared in the roof. Something was on the car and you had a very good idea as to what it was.

Paul gritted his teeth his knuckles turning white as he gripped the wheel and span it to one side forcing the car around the corner. leaving long black streaks across the marble, before barrelling into a display of posing mannequins, knocking them down like bowling pins.

Yet you were both still unable to shake off your unwanted hitchhiker. The scraping sound was getting worst as a spider web of cracks appeared across the glass windshield. Twisting awkwardly you rummaged through the back seat, grabbing the wooden handled of the shovel bringing it to the front as you turn to Paul.

"Keep the car steady and try not to crash into anything"

"sure sure...Wait, what?"
"What are you doing?!?"

His eye flittered over to you for a second as his voice rose an octave, "don't worry I'm just going to deal with our little hitchhiker problem" you spoke pressing the button and electronic window wound down.

"(Y/n) what the hell are you doing!!"

"(Y/N)!"

But it was already too late.

Leaning out the window the car jumped nearly tossing you out and it took you a quick moment to regain your balance, edging your way closer to the roof and drawing back your shovel as you got ready to swing.

The hunters head snapped towards you it's dead stare burning through your soul as it let out a ferocious scream leaping forward.

There was a loud thwack as the shovel hit its face, slicing through the bridge of its nose. it fell backwards howling in pain, rolling off the car and hitting the ground with a loud thump.