while you were out

////:::a/n:::////
This takes place just after aces rescue and escape into the sewers.
And features another inner monologue and moral crisis from our moody hunter.

What you didn't think he was doing this because he like you or anything did you? ;)

///"fuck did she just die"/////

Dropping down into the sewers below. I stood on the narrow platform. Setting her down against the wall, I place my ear over her chest listening to the steady heartbeat. Nope Looks like she just fainted. I frowned placing a hand to her forehead. She was warm unnaturally warm and I growled. Not only was the dumb girl walking around with a busted ankle she also had a bloody fever. She might as well have just walked up and punched a tank, at least then it would have been a quicker death.

A gargled snarl echoed from down the tunnel and Ace bristled

///"we can't stay here"///

Picking you up he headed off in the opposite direction. Walking down the tunnel he strained to hear anything through the darkness. but all was quiet down in the sewer. besides the gentle lapping of water and the occasional trickle of tiny streams running down the slime-covered wall.

He jumped as a rat suddenly scurried across the path.

////Why am I doing this again?//// he groaned

////"right" ////

////because I'm the only one who gets to kill her//////

that's right, that was it, that was the reason. not because he owed you or anything.

He looked down at your sleeping form

////"Besides it's not like I haven't been trying to kill you"////

It had been an interesting last couple of days for Ace. Every time he would come close to killing you in some truly horrible, awful, gruesome way. something would always go horribly wrong. Like when he tried to sneak up on you in an ally way, only for a tower of garbage to come crashing down on top of him. or when he miscalculated his jump and ended up crashing into a bird feeder. Covering himself from head to toe in bird seed and immediately attracting an army of crow's that chased him around the block for the rest of the day. or the moment when he was just about to pin you down and rip out your guts a smoker (who had pretty much wanted to do the same thing) latched its tongue around him, dragging him back to an equally disappointed owner.

It seemed that every moment he got close. Some higher power would intervene and cast some sort of magic protection bubble around you. preventing any and all harm that might befall you.

But once you were healthy again the natural order would resume and he would kill you...... At least that's what he kept telling himself.

A sickly pale yellow light shone from up ahead as the tunnel opened up. revealing an underground chamber of different tunnels, entrances and exits points, each leading to off into a separate part of the city.

He paused studying the different ways.

He needed somewhere where you could both lay low for the next few days. Somewhere away from any of the local pack territories. Somewhere he could access food and medical supplies easily.

Making up his mind he headed down a tunnel towards the right. hoping that where he was going hadn't been claimed yet.

/////Le time skip/////

It was completely still in the subway station. Nothing moved, not even a light flickered and there was no sound. Graffiti covered the walls, some of it old tags, bubble words and even the occasional memorial piece created before the time of the infection and some more recent bits proclaiming that God had forsaken the world followed by a strong argument of ridiculous comment arguing against it. piles of trash were shuffled up into the various corners, as a mix of moss and other plant life had begun to take root and make a home for themselves on the floor and in the various cracks in the open stone.

An uneasy shiver rattled through Ace's bones but he quickly shook it off, he continued to listen waiting for something, anything to break the silence.

But nothing did, except for the padding of his own two feet as he walked along the deserted tracks.

He sniffed using his senses to navigate himself through the dark as he tried to remember which turns to take.

////"there it is"//////

He purred finally spotting the beaten up door up ahead. Leaping up onto the platform he found that it was slightly ajar and he wasted no time in prying it open, and slipping inside.

Meanwhile hidden deep within the dark pair of burning blood red eyes watched him go.

///////////////:::: another A/N::::::////////////

hey everyone hope, you all had a good Christmas, new year and or whatever sorry

for not updating in such a long time

but anyway I hope you all enjoy this new chapter.

thanks for reading it byeeeeee :)

(p.s sorry if it seems a little goofy)