the morning after

The next morning you woke up feeling awful. Your entire body was acing and your ankle felt like it was on fire, you also had a very bad crick in your neck.

"Serves me right for sleeping in a wardrobe...wait wardrobe"

As Your initial grogginess started to fade the previous events of the night before suddenly dawned on you.

Looking down you expected to see the dark navy hoodie curl up on your belly but instead, you found nothing. Confused you opened the door searching for any signs of the hunter from the night before.

/////////////********//////////////

Meanwhile outside the window perched on the roof of the opposite building sat the very same hunter you were currently searching for. He had left Once the storm was over and the first rays of the morning light had hit.

And was now having a moral crisis

Why?!?!

Why?

Why hadn't he killed you? There was nothing preventing him, hell even now he could just jump through the window and end you.

So what! What Was making him stop? He had every opportunity to slice your throat and be done with it! So Why hadn't he yet?

He ran a claw across the cut feeling the bandage you had placed there the night before. He huffed

///"you may have won this round little mouse but our game is far from over and next time I will not be so merciful"///

////////////**********//////////

Back in the apartment you were still wandering around confused.

"Was it just a dream? A hallucination? Maybe I'm going crazy and just imagine the whole thing"

"Sigh oh well there's no point in dwelling on it. Might as well see if I can find some breakfast" you sneezed walking away looking for something substantial to eat and maybe something to help your swollen ankle.