we meet again

When you woke again you found yourself all alone in the train.

you yawned, rubbing the remaining sleep from your eyes. jerking forward, as you sneeze suddenly.

you felt a lightweight across your body, wrapped around and cocooning you like a fly in spider silk. Upon further inspection, you found that it was the ripped up remains of what could barely pass as some type of fabric, draped across your lap.

Out of the corner of your eye, you spotted a lumpy shape Silhouetted in the shadows and after Picking it up, to examine it more closely. You Discovered that it was a seemingly brand new sludge green backpack (with the exceptions of a few blood stains).

Huh

You took a moment to rummaged through all of the outside pockets. finding only the store stuffing tissue paper, before opening it up and looking inside.

The inside contents was an entirely different matter as it was filled with all manner of food, medicine and even a few bottles of water.

It was quite the care package and it made you wonder how long you had exactly been asleep for.

A dull thud caused your head to snap up in attention

Maybe it was ace? back again from wherever he'd gone.

Sitting up further You strained to see through the darkness as a light click clack came from the direction of the tracks.

There was something out there in the dark.

Careful not to put too much pressure on your ankle as it was still a little tender, you hobbled down the train.

Click clack click clack

The sound was getting closer

The further you wandered down fumbling through the carriage. Trying to mould the darkness into a recognizable shape as you peered beyond the door.

Click

clack

Click

clack

You sucked in a sharp breath clasping a hand to your mouth to keep from screaming.

As two Blood red eye peered at you through the darkness.

that wasn't ace. Scrambling back, you tripped twisting awkwardly as you fell hard.

you fought back a pained cry as your ankle, was once again contorted into an awkward position. panic and fear quickly took hold of your mind as you begin crawling back along the train, struggling to stand as your ankle kept sending little bolts of pain through your body.

Finally, you were able to drag yourself to your feet using one of the nearby seats as support before hobbling down the rest of the way.

panting from both pain and fear, you paused. looking back, you expected to see a zombie chasing you. Only to find that the train was still as empty as it ever was.

You collapsed in a seat as your now burning ankle forced you to stop standing, but you kept your eyes trained on the door, ready to bolt at any sign of action.

focusing on calming your breathing, you waited. gazing into the dark, ready for something to jump out at you, as the minutes continued to tick by.

Maybe you had gotten lucky?

Maybe it never saw you in the first place?

maybe it was just some weird trick of the light?

slowly you began to relax, and as more time seemed to pass, the more you allowed yourself to relax as it seemed like nothing was going to happen after all.

you froze. your eyes widening in terror, your blood freezing in your veins,

as hot breath fanned across your neck and a deep purring sounded in your ear.

Twisting around you sucked in a sharp breath pressing as far back into the seat as you possibly could as he advanced closer.

He was a frightening sight indeed. Half of his face was gone. exposing the white bone of his skull and a mouth full of razor-sharp teeth, while the other half was supporting the recently received scars no doubt given to him during the fight with Ace. He was wearing a dark purple almost black tie dye hoodie with a skeleton design printed on the front and the sleeves. a bleeding heart was encased within the ribs as thorned vines twisted around the bones.

Dark hair fell in front of those ruby eyes as they stared fix upon your shaking form.

Your own eyes darted towards the door hoping that at any moment Ace would walk back through.

Hot breath fanned across your face and you screwed your eyes shut. Only to be surprised when you felt him Nuzzle your cheek purring in reassurance.

You felt something warm, wet and kinda ruff run over your jaw and across your face and You cringe at the slobber clinging to your cheek and dripping down your neck.

"Eww hunter drool"

He ignored your discomfort and continued to nuzzle and lick until he was certain that you had calmed down.

Settling himself down onto your lap. He rested his head against one hand, awaiting your next move.

You, on the other hand, didn't know what to do. Up until a few weeks ago, you knew hunters were nothing but a death sentence and while Ace had certainly proven himself to be different.

You still knew that the rest of his kind would see you as nothing more than a tasty snack that they could take great pleasure in devouring and yet here was this hunter acting for all the world as if he was just some stray cat looking for some love and affection.

Using your sleeve to rub the rest of the saliva off of your face. You decided to gamble and tentatively reached out and started to pet him.

"After all it worked once before didn't it"

He purred pushing further into your hand as you let out a semi mad giggle.

"You know you're really throwing me through a loop here, aren't you supposed to be attacking me right now?"

He shook his head chuffing out an airy laugh, before burying his face into your stomach, nuzzling your belly as he continued to purr in content.

"Oh, Is there any reason as to why you're not attacking me now?"

He shrugged truthfully he didn't know. there was just something about your scent that he liked, something sweet and wild, something that just smelt so good and that part of him just wanted to cover with his own. He inhaled as another deep rumble vibrated through his chest.

"You are aware that if ace catches you here with me, he's going to rip you to shreds," you said breaking the silence

"He's kinda the maul now, ask questions later type"

The hunter spat hissing at the mention of ace.

"Hey"

You flicked his nose

"Stop that, look I know you two aren't exactly pals. But despite how crazy this sounds Ace is my friend"

He huffed in indignation, before settling himself back down onto your lap as you continued to pet him in silence. Letting your mind digest recent events.

You Jumped as the hunter suddenly snapped up. Cocking his head to one side as he listened to some unknown sound.

And then just like that, he was gone. disappearing as suddenly as he arrived.

Leaving you once again alone in the darkness.