skeleton in the closet

For the first few seconds, everything seemed to freeze. Then like at the begging of a roadrunner cartoon, slowly everything began to move, as the intruder tried scrabbling to his feet leaping towards the door, but Ace was faster.

With quick reflexes Ace grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and chucked the intruder across the room, pinning him down.

He bared his fang growling. ////"who are you". "why are you here" "and where's your pack"////

Snapping back the intruder responded with his own growl
//"no pack, just me and you're in my territory"//

With a swift kick to the gut, he rolled out from under Ace's grip.

Panting heavily Ace took a second to recover before the growling returned full force

//"get out"///

/// "why should I like I said you're on my turf, this Is my territory, and besides I wanna know what you're doing with her"//// he spat gesturing toward you

Puffing up like a stray cat ace squared off against the intruder

///"none of your business *growl* Now. Get. out"/// he hissed enraged

snapping at the air, warning the other hunter that his Patience had almost gone. The hunter huffed backing off a little.

/// oh I think it is entirely my business to know why another hunter and his mate think they can just waltz in and clam my patch."///

Ace started in shock

////" she is not my mate"///

Ace growled embarrassed. this news seemed to have a complete one-eighty effect on the hunter who after a brief moment of surprise, suddenly looked quite eager.

////"really? so she's available then"///
He asked gazing at you with interest. As he Shot you a cocky smirk.

Ace growled moving in between you two ////" not to you "///

The intruder pouted ////" awww but I think she likes me"///
the smirk returned as he slunk closer towards your bundled up form.

This was the last straw and ace swiped at the intruder. Raking his claws across the remaining flesh of the hunter's face. The intruder recoiled giving a yowl of pain.

Chaos broke loose as the two hunters launched themselves at each other. Clawing and biting, they rolled across the floor in an entanglement of limbs. Snapping and snarling as they each tried to tear the other one apart. Meanwhile, you were trying to avoid the fight as best you could. Dodging out of the way just in time as one sent the other careening into your little corner, knocking one of the shelves down in the process, as all manner of chemicals spilt onto the floor.

You hissed in pain as the sudden movement caused little black and white dots to start dancing in the corner of your vision and you felt the strong urge that you were gonna vomit.

The fight was getting more out of control and you knew that it would be a fool's mission to try and break it up. you had to get out of the way, or otherwise risk getting seriously hurt.

meanwhile, unbeknownst to you, the pool of chemicals started to bubble and froth as a vapour of poisonous gas silently filled to room.

coughing violently you began Inching along the wall as you crawled your way towards the open door.

Slipping inside you pulled the door closed, sliding down as you collapse against it.

On the other side of the door, the fight continued to rage on. But to you, everything sounded submerged like you were laying at the bottom of a swimming pool as everything continued to happen around you and yet you were aware of an intense ringing that seemed to fill your head and clouds your other senses.

"jeeze why was it so hard to breath"

You hacked and coughed as the black and white spots dance more violently, clouding your vision as you silently fought against the oncoming blackness.