Chapter 5

Hiiii guys, I hope you're enjoying my fanfic so far! Please feel free to comment and tell me what you think!

Harry's POV

I had to get out of there quickly, I couldn't bare to see that girl break down like that. Her eyes were filled with so much pain and sorrow, I just didn't know what to do. She doesn't deserve this, there are people in the world who have done terrible things, like me, who deserves it more. I know I break people's hearts and I know that I cause a lot of pain for people, I should be suffering, not her. I needed a drink, I needed to drown out my feelings and find something to take away the pain.

She looked so broken just standing there telling them. Her hair had fallen out of place, her mascara was smudged down her cheeks and her clothes were crumpled from the long day she'd had, but she pulled through it all to tell them her terrible news. I saw the way her eyes fell when she first walked in and I saw the way she choked on her words. It wasn't right.

Whilst she was on the floor, cradling her friends, I made a quick escape so that she didn't see the tears that had formed in my eyes. I'd only known this girl for 12 hours and I had already fallen for her, I want to make her smile, even if it's only for a few years, I want her to be mine.

Lola's POV

I awoke the next morning when the smell of pancakes lingered in the air and blaring music filled my ears. I walked into the kitchen and saw Dani and Matty had cooked a huge breakfast for us all. The kitchen had been decorated with streamers and balloons and there was a huge poster up with my name painted on it. I giggled.

"What's this for?!" I shouted over the noise of the blaring music. They both looked up at me with smiles across their faces. I walked over to the oven and gave them a hug.

"Wellll Miss Jones, remember when we missed your 16th birthday because we were in Morocco? This is what we would've done if we were here!"

"Sooooo, HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY!" They both shouted and Dani produced a cake from the fridge that she must have decorated last night when I went to bed.

I laughed at them both and tucked in to the breakfast.

"I love you, you know! You're both absolutely amazing and I wouldn't change you for the world." I told them both, my eyes tearing up.

Dani took my hand in hers and squeezed it, Matty looked at me and gave a sad smile. I knew they both felt sorry for me but I didn't want them to, I was hoping for a subject change to get my mind off it all. Dani must've read my mind.

"So, Lola. When were you going to tell us of your friendship with Harry Styles, if I remember correctly you hated him yesterday?!" She smirked.

I rolled my eyes at her and quickly answered.

"He's not that bad to be honest, he helped me come here to tell you what was going on, he was worried about me."

Matty nudged Dani.

"So is it going to be the next celeb relationship or are you 'just friends'?! Matty asked, laughing.

"Ha ha. Very funny Matty. I've only known him for a day, it's not like we're getting married!"

"But you like him?! I could tell by the way you looked into his deep green eyes when he defended you against Jake!"

I blushed violently and gave Matty the finger.

"Our little Lola has feelings for the one and only Harry Styles!" Dani shouted.

I decided I better defend myself.