Chapter 26

Harry's POV

"No Lola, you can't say things like that. You have to keep fighting, Angel." My words came out in a muddle, everything she was saying seemed like she was defeated.

"But Harry, what if I can't fight anymore. I'm not strong enough." She whispered.

"Angel, you have to be strong. Don't give up yet, I can't see you fall so soon." I willed her on and never let go of her hand whilst we spoke but the look in her eyes told me she wouldn't be fighting for long.

"I just want to go with dignity, like mum. I don't want you to see me like this." She pointed to her head and quickly looked away from me, disgust filling her face. I grabbed her chin and turned her to face me.

"No matter what, Lola, you're beautiful to me. Inside and out." I kissed her quickly and pulled her into me for a long hug. Our embrace was broken with a cough and we looked up to find Dr Lake with the results in his hand. He nodded towards the door and we followed into his office, not saying a word.

Dani was already sat on a chair facing his desk, biting her nails and staring intently at the compute screen. She looked up abruptly as we sat down, nervous about something. She quickly spoke.

"Erm, Harry do you want to go and get the car or something whilst we finish off here? It won't take long."

She nodded to Lola and gave her a worried glance. I looked at the doctor who was waiting for me to reply.

"Whatever you have to tell me, Harry should know too." Lola answered for me, her hand not leaving mine. I looked at her face and just nodded but Dani wouldn't let it go.

"Harry, just go and get your car. Lola will be too tired to walk around the back, we'll be ok and she can just tell you about it all when we get back. Right, Lo?"

She nodded again at Lola and gave her a stern look so Lola just replied with a dubious ok and sat down hesitantly. I looked at the three of them sat down and felt lonely all of a sudden so I opened the door quickly and walked out, in desperate need of fresh air.

As I pushed past the people crowding the hospital entrance, I reached the group of paparazzi on the other side and the only way to cross them was to answer the questions they threw at me. I squirmed as one of the men grabbed my arm and looked away from the continuos flashes that filled my eyes. The shouting started as they realised I had stood in front of them ready for questions and the only questions I could pick out were negative and demeaning.

"Harry, why are you dating that girl when you could be dating a model?"

Because she's the nicest person I've ever met and I love her. My subconscious spoke.

But of course my mouth didn't co operate and I let all the angst and anger built up in me from being dismissed by Lola and I let it all out to the paps.

"We aren't really dating, she's a friend that needs help." I answered quickly but as soon as I said it, a pain jabbed in my stomach, the guilt was eating me but that didn't stop my quick and dick like replies.

"So you are still single then?"

"I've always been single, she's just a good distraction, that's all." I smirked but suddenly felt sick when I'd said it. The whole crowd around me laughed but then abruptly stopped as they saw her walking by my side with her whole head of hair shaved off.

She smiled at me, her eyes telling a different story, and pulled me in for a hug. The flashes went off around us and she pulled me closer, so her lips reached my ear.

Her whispers sent a chill down my spine.

"You play a bloody brilliant game, Harry. But I'm not willing to be your little pawn along for the ride." She pulled away, still smiling.