Chapter 6

Hiiiiii everyone, this is a bit of a filler before the next chapter but it is quite important so please vote and comment!

Harry's POV

"Soooo, Haz, what are we doing tonight?" Kasey asked me, she'd been following me around all day. I'd only picked her up last night, after my emotional encounter with Lola, hoping that she'd take my mind off things but now she's following me around like a lost puppy.

I couldn't help compare her to Lola, she was far too skinny and scrawny, her hair was as dry as the desert and her clothing choice barely touched her arse, but Lola was wholesome, she had curves in all the right places and her face was the most beautiful in the world. It was the way her eyes lit up when she smiled, and her dimples that framed her perfect smile. Lola was perfect.

"Haz, babe, did you not hear me?" She purred in my ear.

I gave her a stern look.

"Kasey, we're not doing anything for christ's sake. I only called you to get my mind off things, you're nothing to me, I thought we discussed this last year!" I told her, harshly.

She looked hurt, but I didn't care. I'd been such an arse to Lola when she came over and Kasey was the one that had caused it. If she hadn't come with me I would still be on good terms with Lola!

"Whatever Harry, but don't you dare ring me again when you're pissed and looking for a quick shag, coz it's just not happening! You pig." She screeched at me. The ringing making my headache worse. Everyone turned around to look, a lot can echo in a stadium.

She sashayed off and before she left, I called.

"Don't worry Kase, you weren't that good anyway, you've lost your touch. I wouldn't waste my time on you anymore." I smirked.

I turned around to see the lads giving me a disappointed look.

"Harry, we thought you were with a friend last night, not that type of friend." Louis said, pointing after Kasey.

I coughed uncomfortably.

"I was with a friend, I just got a bit bored after so I gave her a ring."

"You need to stop right now Haz, you're getting way out of hand and we're worried about you. It's not like you." Zayn told me, they nodded their heads in agreement.

"I can't help it." I answered back.

"Oh fuck off Harry. Of course you can help it, you don't see me getting bored and shagging loads of girls, do you?!" Niall quipped, he looked so angry.

"Well Niall, maybe that's because you just aren't as desirable as I am." I winked.

He flipped me off and stalked over to the cafeteria, the other boys left too. It was just Louis and I. He patted me on the back.

"Harry, please listen to me. I'm your best friend and I'm so fucking worried about you, you need to get your feet back on the ground, the alcohol and the girls aren't good for you mate. You need to stop and take a break from it all, please just try and find someone to make you happy coz all this shit going on isn't going to make you happy in the long run." He told me, never breaking eye contact.

"I love you Haz and I don't want to see you broken and lost, and I don't want to see you break other people. Please help yourself." With that, he stood up and walked away.

I sat down and thought about what he said, I'd been horrible to Lola before and she was dying, I'd left my mum and sister for the past 4 years without visiting and I'd made my best friends become strangers.

How long will it take for me to make it up, I thought. I looked up and saw her, walking alone to her stage entrance, I'd start with my making up now.

Lola's POV

Lunchtime had brightened me up. Louis and Liam had started a grape throwing competition in the cafeteria and everyone had joined in, I sat with the boys and kept talking, we were getting on really well.

"So Lo, ha that rhymes!" Niall laughed.

"Anyway, are you the girl in that picture from last year? Coz you used to be really skinny!" He asked.

"Niall, you shithead, you should never ask about a girls weight!" Louis hit him over the head.

He gave me an apologetic look but I waved it off and answered.

"Yes Ni, that was me in the picture! I just had a really tough year this year so I had to put some weight on after my anorexia."

"Oh, what happened?" He asked.

Liam piped up, "god, what is this? 20 questions?!"

As soon as the voice entered the conversation, Dani stood up and left. She gave me a peck on the cheek and I gave her an understanding smile.

Liam walked past her with his food and gave her a smile, she just walked past without even glancing in his direction.

Number 1 on the bucket list- get them back together!

Niall looked at him with a glare, "well excuse me for trying to get to know me new friend! You don't have to tell us Lo, it's ok."

I smiled at Niall's kind words.

"No it's ok, I started chemo a few months ago so I had to have a lot of body weight to make sure it works."

"Wait, you've got cancer?" Louis whispered.

I nodded and I looked down at my hands. Matty had a sad look again, but it soon recovered when he saw me looking. I heard the chairs scrape along the floor and I thought they'd left like Harry did, but when I looked up they were surrounding me in a hug.

"I'm sorry Lola, I shouldn't have asked." Niall mumbled into my hair.

"I told you, Niall, you're such a gobby little bugger!" Louis whispered sharply.

I laughed into the hug and I was released for some air before they came crashing into me again for another hug.

"Well if it's any consolation I've got some really cool headscarves for when you start to lose your hair." Zayn told me.

Liam hit his arm abruptly and shook his head at him.

"Liam, it's fine. Thanks Zayn, that's really kind." He smiled at me bashfully.

"So what type is it?" I heard someone ask. I turned around to see some of the other dancers in a huddle.

"Pancreatic, it's spread faster than it usually should because of my previous medication so I've got less longer to live than normal patients." I gulped, trying my best to not let the tears spill from my eyes.

Everyone gave me a sympathetic look and they all huddled closer.

"WELL WHAT ARE YA ALL WAITING FOR, GROUP HUG!" Our choreographer shouted, and then I was enveloped into a 200 person hug!

I smiled at the love that was surrounding me, I'd forgotten about Harry and that blonde thing this morning. All that matters are the people that love you, I thought to myself and I've got plenty of those to be happy.