Chapter 16

I'm updating again, quickly, to make up for the amount of chapters I missed whilst I was on holiday! :)

Vote, read and follow.

Thankssss. x

Lola's POV

As soon as we entered my room I saw that Harry wasn't there and all that was left was his coat and sunglasses. My stomach flipped at the thought of him leaving me on such an important day and Niall could tell that my mood had changed as I was no longer giggling at his impressions of the nurses but staring at the clock and frowning.

"Hey, he'll be back, Lo, he wouldn't leave ya." Niall said, holding my hand.

The nurse bustled back in with her tray of needles and lines. I paled at the thought of those inside me and so did Niall. He looked away as they pierced my skin and squeezed my hand when I jumped.

"Right, they'll be in for an hour, once a week. So when you're dismissed you'll just have to sign in on a Tuesday and you'll get your dose. Ok? Is there anything I can get you?" She smiled a genuine smile.

"I'm ok thank you, Niall can look after me." I nodded my head towards the pale, ill looking boy and the nurse and I, both laughed at his squeamish expression.

His phone buzzed in his pocket and as soon as I saw the contact I perked up.

"He went out to get you some cookies Lo, don't worry. I told ya!" Niall said, perkily.

I should've been smiling and happy that Harry would be back to care for me. He meant the world to me and I loved him, right? But I couldn't stop the unsettling feeling in my stomach.

What if he tried to get away from me?

What if he'd ran?

Harry's POV

I ran.

A problem occurred so I did what was best and ran.

The parade of journalists and photographers followed me and I jumped into my car and sped off out of the hospital, the flashes still invading my mind. I ducked my head and focused on the busy streets of London.

At that moment I forgot about Lola and her cancer and all I wanted was a drink and some company. I blasted my music from the speakers and drove deeper into London until the crowds dispersed and I could finally see the horizon.

I pulled into an alleyway and found a small, desolate bar hanging on the corner of the East End. Before I got out, my phone rang.

"Louis, what do you want?" I asked, my tone cutting.

"Harry, where the hell are you?! Have you seen the news?" He asked, quickly and panicked.

"I'm busy, Louis. No, I haven't but from the amount of people following me and asking about Lola, I'm guessing something's happened."

"Oh shit, it's a nightmare, mate! Everyone is having a go at Lola and people are spreading rumours about you and management. You need to come home, just get out the hospital for a bit." He sounded concerned.

"Well there's a surprise, let me guess, management have made me fall in love with Lola?" I asked, smirking.

"Apparently so." He paused.

"Wait, you're in love with Lola?! Oh my lord!" I shook my head and laughed as he cheered into the phone, Liam was in the background shouting too.

"Harry, you've finally grown up mate!!" Liam shouted.

"Ha ha ha. It only took a few years, Li!" I shouted back.

"Aw we're happy for you mate, have you told her?" Louis asked, expectantly.

"Erm, no, uh, I'm just out getting her some cookies at the moment." I said, quietly, hoping they wouldn't sense the lie.

"Oh right, I'll let Niall know. He was worried you'd left and Lo was asking about you." I cringed at the thought of her waiting for me in her room.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I'm just at Starbucks now, tell them I'll be 10 minutes. Are you coming to see her tonight?" I asked them, getting back on track.

"Will do. Hold on, I'll just ask Li." I heard him mumble into the end of the phone.

"I'll be there, Liam is going out."

"Alright, I'll let her know. See you later." I said quickly before putting the phone down.

I checked my watch and turned my car around, I had just long enough to get back to the hospital and get changed before Lola's first chemo. I couldn't leave her on a day like this, I shouldn't have ran away from our problems.

No more running, Harry. I thought.