Introduction & Rules

!WARNING!

The Fire Emblem Promptests are no longer running. 

***

Hello and welcome to the Fire Emblem Promptests! These are prompt-driven contests that occur every season, four times a year. They're designed to encourage writing even in the busiest and shyest of people. Everyone, from those who write all the time to those who are currently suffering from writer's block or a lack of courage, can turn their hand to something fresh and feel proud of the fact that they've written at least one thing this season.

 Everyone, from those who write all the time to those who are currently suffering from writer's block or a lack of courage, can turn their hand to something fresh and feel proud of the fact that they've written at least one thing this season

THE PROCESS

We set you a prompt, which you use to make a Fire Emblem one-shot about any of the games/characters in the series. (Mature content is allowed.)

When you've written your one-shot, you need to upload it to Wattpad if you've been writing on a separate programme. As long as it goes into one of your books (no collaborations are permitted) it can go in whichever book you like. Make a new one just for this contest or stick it in an old book. We don't mind as long as we can find it.

To help other contestants find it and support you, you could (optionally) add #AlwaysKeepWriting to the tags.

Then come back to this book and leave a comment on the chapter for the current contest. The comment should include a) the title of your one-shot and b) which of your books it's in.

If you fail to leave a comment telling us both of those things, you will not be entered into the competition.

Judging won't begin until the contest has closed. Every entry will be judged by Morgan (MMHunter) who will vote and leave a comment containing constructive criticism. (Unless you request not to have it.)

Morgan judges the entries on three things: SPAG (spelling, punctuation and grammar) creativity, and what you've done with the prompt. This means that while you're more likely to win if you have good SPAG skills, you might win even if you don't because your idea was so superb.

For instance, let's say that over fifty percent of the entries are about Chrom and Robin going on a nice summer's picnic. You enter a one-shot about King Garon going on a picnic that quickly turns into a bloodbath. The SPAG is not very good, but you've thought outside the box, and Morgan likes it. This is designed to encourage everyone to enter, even if they don't think their SPAG skills are up to it.

Of course, if you excel in all three things: good SPAG, a unique idea (which can include Chrobin!) and a strong link to the prompt, that's even better.

After she has judged all the entries, Morgan will choose the winners (or winner) and announce them here. She'll tell the world why she loves their entry/entries, then send them their winner's sticker via email.

~*~

RULES

All entries must follow Wattpad's content guidelines.

All entries must be set in a Fire Emblem universe and/or include Fire Emblem characters.

All entries must be written in English.

There is no minimum or maximum word count, but all entries must be one-shots.

You are allowed to edit your one-shot after the submissions have closed, but it's not recommended. Morgan may judge your entry before you edit it, or your edits may not be visible to her. (Sometimes it can take a while for changes to show up on other people's devices.)

~*~

BENEFITS

Now that we've looked at the rules, let's recap -- what do you get from entering this contest?

A) Beautiful stickers that encourage everyone who sees them to Always Keep Writing! (Created by VanillaWind.)

B) Positive comments and constructive criticism to raise your confidence and help you to improve.

C) The sense that you've just taken part in a competition that the rest of the Fire Emblem community is participating in, too.

D) The knowledge that you've at least done a little bit of writing this season and had fun with it.

E) And if you win, you'll get a sticker that proudly tells everyone that! (Created by our resident graphics designer, Cora-chan.)

If you continue further into the book, you'll find the current contest chapter and a reminder of how to enter.

Happy writing!