Winter Contest 2018: Winners

(This post was originally hosted on the account of MMHunter as part of the Fire Emblem Writing Contests.)

The results are in! This month I've been reading about romances to warm my heart, glass artwork, maid training, attempted kidnappings, attempted assassinations, snowball fights, glass-themed balls, mysterious ice powers...and death! There's always some death to bring me to tears.

Just like last time, I really enjoyed reading every entry. It was so hard to choose the winners! I wish I could pick more than three, but rules are rules, even when they've been created by me.

In order of when they submitted their entries, the winners are:

AnnaBanana813 with Shattered Glass in My Random Thoughts: I love this entry because a dark winter's chill weaves its way through the storyline, clutching us in claws of tension. Long before the romance starts flooding in, you'll be saying, "Hello, captivation!" This is a one-shot to read if you enjoy being on the edge of your seat.

WhiteFangedRose with The Glass Ball in Random Multi Fandom Oneshots and Short Stories: I love this entry because I'd do anything to attend the glass-themed ball within. It makes me think of Cinderella, and when it's woven into a tale that's packed with romance and ends with such a beautiful reflection, it's a win-win all around. This is a one-shot for days when you wish you could attend a ball with your own Prince Chromming. (See what I did there?)

kaka-kun with Throne of Glass in Cinderella Tactician: I love this entry because I'm extremely impressed by the incorporation of the prompt -- which I'd love to gush about, but that would spoil everything for you. I'll just leave you with the words "assassination" "high-stakes" and "romance" and let you get stuck in. This is a one-shot to curl up with if you like relationships that start with hate and end in love.

Congratulations, winners! (We got very romantic and Cinderellary there, huh?) I'll email your winner's stickers to you once you've given me a sign that you've read this chapter (like voting, commenting, or messaging me) because I don't want you to be confused about a random sticker appearing in your inbox with no explanation.

And congratulations to everyone who entered! I really hope that you go and read the winner's entries and enjoy them as much as I did. I also hope that you'll all compete again because you're so talented and I love to see what my prompts inspire in you!