Lothlórien

"Stay close, young Hobbits! They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods, an Elf-witch, of terrible power. All who look upon her, fall under her spell..." Gimli looked nervously around as they ran across a forest, magnificent like none they had ever seen "... and are never seen again."

Frodo seemed confused as if someone was talking to him. He would gaze around trying to notice where the voice was coming from.

Ethir step after step followed them. She was weary, and her mind was spinning into thoughts, she never thought she would have. Once before she had walked into Elfish land. Days ago when they were in Rivendell. Though, back then Gandalf was with her. Now, she was walking with 8 people, and she didn't know if she could trust them. Or even if she would allow herself to trust any of them.

'Gandalf is no more!' Her head spun. Her guts wheeled. She would almost throw up. 'What was wrong with her?'

'How strange?'

She felt no sadness, no remorse. Was she really that wicked? Didn't she care at all about Gandalf?

The elf cast a glance towards her. He noted that neither darkness nor sadness drew above him. Like everything was blocked. He found it strange.

Gimli went on talking "Well, here is one Dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox!"

The group of nine were suddenly surrounded by elves that were armed. Deadly arrows aimed at their heads. Legolas drew his bow and aimed as they were cycled by the elves. Haldir stepped forward, he gazed at Gimli with disdain.

"The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." Haldir of Lórien commented.

The dwarf hissed "Aragorn! These woods are perilous. We should go back."

"You have entered the realm of the Lady of the Wood. You cannot go back." Haldir said, "Come now, she is waiting."

Haldir led the Fellowship onto a Hill Top. Their vision was lost; wonderment at the vista spread before them. Several miles towards the South, a Large Hill rose out of the woods. Upon the hill many mighty Mallorn Trees, taller than any others. To the east of Caras Galadhon, the Woods of Lorien ran down the pale gleam of Anduin, the great river. The Sun that laid on Lothlorien had no power to enlighten the shadows that lay beyond. The Fellowship stood in front of Haldir, who greeted them.

The marchwarden gazed at Legolas "Mae govannen, Legolas Thranduilion." (Welcome Legolas, son of Thranduil.)

"Govannas vîn gwennen le, Haldir o Lórien." (Our Fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lórien.) Legolas answered. Although, he didn't seem tired. However, he seemed dusty. It was clear they had come a long way. Ethir noted the welcome, though she ignored most of it. If she paid attention, she would find out. That the 'annoying' elf was the son of Thranduil. As until now, it was a detail she didn't know.

Haldir glanced at Aragorn "A, Aragorn in Dúnedain istannen le ammen." (Oh, Aragorn of the Dúnedain, you are known to us.)

"Haldir." Aragorn gave him a light bow.

"So much for the legendary courtesy of the Elves! Speak words we can also understand!" Gimli complained as he couldn't understand anything.

"We have not had dealings with the Dwarves since the Dark Days." the elf answered gazing at Gimli.

"And you know what this Dwarf says to that? Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!" (I spit upon your grave!) Gimli voiced up.

Ethir gazed at Gimli, and then at the Elf. Since she understood what Gimli said.

Aragorn grabbed Gimli seriously "That was not so courteous."

Haldir glanced at Frodo "You bring great evil with you. You can go no further."

Aragorn argued with Haldir, angrily Aragorn in soft whisper told Haldir "Boe ammen Verian lîn! Henio, aniron boe ammen i dulu lîn." (We need your protection! Please understand, we need your support.)

Aragorn continued to argue loudly with Haldir.

"Andelu i ven." (The road is very dangerous.) he explained again.

"You will follow me." the marchwarden agreed finally, after a long argument.

A caravan of Elves led the Fellowship along a ridge, through the golden woods. Boromir glanced at Frodo behind him. The group came to the end of the high ridge and looked out. A great glade of trees rose above them.

"Caras Galadhon... the heart of Elvendom on earth. Realm of the Lord Celeborn and of Galadriel, Lady of Light," he said proudly.

Light, that was given a bright side. The walls were green and silver, the roof gold as it trunk of the Mallorn tree, tapering towards the crown. The fellowship was brought to meet with the Lady of Lórien. They were blindfolded on their way up. Since Haldir didn't trust Gimli. Haldir didn't want to allow Gimli to pass, because Gimli was a dwarf. Dwarves weren't allowed to pass through Lothlorien. Haldir agreed, only if the dwarf would be blindfolded. Legolas agreed though he found it fair that all nine should be. It was the right thing to do.

((Next Chapter: 14))

[last edit 2021/04/17]