Chapter 20 - A Slip Up

Don't own characters x
———————————————

"Phew." Pansy huffed, dropping onto her bed as if she'd been hit by a petrificus totalus.

"Agree." Parvati laughed, laying down beside her. "But I think I did alright.."

"I think you did, from the practical assessments that I watched." Hermione offered. "You too, Pans."

"Thanks, I guess we'll see later." Parvati shrugged, letting out a sigh. "At least they're over."

"But that means that we've only got one more week of Hogwarts left!" Hermione reminded her friends, looking sadly out of the window.

"You say that like it's a bad thing." Pansy laughed, sitting up. "Seriously, I can't wait to get out of here. All I see is the war."

"Me too." Parvati frowned, "but there are good memories here."

"The good outweighs the bad." Hermione confirmed, turning away from the window. "Hogwarts is my home. It always will be."

~

"How long until the stupid final ball again?" Blaise groaned, throwing the nearest pillow at Neville, who was waltzing around the room seemingly oblivious to the boys who had just entered.

"Don't know. Don't care." Draco shrugged, walking in. "You're not really going are you?"

"Of course I am!" Neville cut in, snapping out of his trance. "Why wouldn't you?"

"Who would go with you?" Blaise asked him, screwing his face up.

"Padma Patil." Neville huffed, throwing his nose in the air. "I don't suppose you could find anyone either."

"Hah! Probably not." Draco agreed, earning a punch on the arm from his friend. "Alright, who are you asking then?"

"I thought we weren't going?" Blaise asked Draco, rolling his eyes. "But i've got someone in mind."

"Who?" Draco and Neville said at the same time, which resulted in them visibly cringing.

"Yeah!" Harry said, bursting into the room in his usual messy and loud fashion. "Who?"

"Don't worry. I'll let you know if she says yes." Blaise answered them all, then turned and left the room.

"Who, what?" Harry asked the two remaining boys.

Whilst Neville explained, Draco stormed out of the room after Blaise. No way was he asking Hermione, she was off limits. He decided to trail Blaise and see where he went, but not be seen, so as not to throw him off whatever he was doing.

~

"So I take it you're going together?" Hermione asked her roommates, who were staring at a piece of parchment outlining the details of the dance. "What are you wearing?"

"Well that's the thing.." Parvati contemplated aloud. "We're still not public, so we don't know if we should go together as friends or not."

"Oh, Merlin, I almost forgot!" Hermione replied, "it's your decision whether or not to go as friends, but at least coordinate outfits!"

"Well we were thinking lilac or periwinkle.." Pansy frowned, holding up two pieces of fabric.

"I like the lilac-" Parvati began.

"But I like the periwinkle." Pansy cut in.

"See the issue?" Parvati asked Hermione.