[ Silver Hair ]

It had never dawned on me that bottling ones feelings could be excruciating. I've read and watched it somewhere, but have never really indulged on it myself to self-torture. It was part of my assignments back in the day. One section of the assignment included everyone to observe someone, anyone in particular. 

I had never expected a stranger to breakdown in the middle of the bright park. I had assumed that their stress skyrocketed over the roof; the loss of a lover, failure in getting a job, disconnection of a family member or even something else that I didn't distinguish. 

Usually, one can find relaxation within the greenery. They would try to scream their anger out. I have never even tried to shout at the world and instead kept my feelings with me the whole time. There was no conflicting battles for me to win over. I didn't want to draw in further attention.

I made the choice to approach the said person, although I was quite nervous at that time. He looked so grateful after I've talked to him. He mentioned how lonely he often felt, thought no one cared about him, especially not strangers. I had expected him to lash out at first, but he was relieved to find comfort. It was a bold move for me and I was quite pleased with myself.

Another day of class, which were soon to begin in the afternoon. I had arrived way past the usual time since I needed to check a few books out from the library. They were related to another type of research that we have to conduct online surveys, which was to provide a friendly environment between stressed users and their surroundings.  

I sigh in defeat, finally walking out of the quiet library free from the heaviness of these books. Our library was grand in terms of its spacious interior and I would find myself reading for hours there. One time, there was a student who passed out sleeping that the librarian had to make hot chocolate for her. It was very sweet of the librarian. 

However, I had to go see Sul Hee before our afternoon classes began. It was only for two hours, but sometimes short hours feel the longest. I don't know why I sense it as that. Maybe it's just me, or others feel the same too.

Treading down the stairs, I adjust my sling bag on my shoulder and headed to a nearby flower store that wasn't very far from the college building. Beside that flower store is a printing shop, which I assume where Hei Ryung is also. They were so 'busy' procrastinating when they could've completed their tasks since yesterday. 

I held no clue as to what they were doing, probably binge-watching multiple episodes of whatnot. It is noticeable from the translucent glass frame of two panicking figures. The third body seems so calm with their behavior and I wouldn't blame them otherwise.

Pushing the door open, two heads turned to my direction, but it wasn't Sul Hee and Hei Ryung.

Huh ... did I lose track of time?

I line up to the deserted photocopy area and requested for the minimum amount of copies. The female owner nods in return, leaving me quite fazed as to where these two are right now.

My phone buzzes all of a sudden. It wouldn't stop vibrating, until I fished it out from my coat pocket. Sul Hee's name appeared on the screen and I scrutinize in return. I swiped the call to answer and waited for her voice to come through as I placed the screen to my ear.

Yet a ringing noise pierces through.

Pulling the phone away, I frown at the caller and checked once more if any traces of her voice came through. 

It was still ringing and I had no choice but to decline the call.

"That'll be eight thousand won." The lady staff resumes, inducing the ringing noise to fade away. Replacing the strange occurrence, I shoved my phone back inside my coat pocket before paying for the price. She tidies the papers in one booklet and I thanked her in return after placing it neatly in my folders.