[ Hibernation ]

I was swift in my feet to dart past the groaning SeokJin, dashing down the shadowy stairs in a hurry. I almost stumble in my steps, yet tried to make sense of the inanimate objects around me. I had to hurry up. I couldn't trip over air or any physical objects. Time's running out and I assume the poison has almost coursed throughout his body.

Reaching for the switch, the lights blare on in both kitchen and living room. My eyes burned for a split second before forcing my way through the haziness. I couldn't stop in my tracks to grasp full of my senses. I had to act quick. 

What was in that dart if it isn't poison?

SeokJin was in pain up there. I don't know how long he was suffering, but to hear him curse all of a sudden tingled my fears to crawl out. Stretching to one of the cupboards, I grab for the medical kit, almost dropping a plastic tumbler. It bounces on the counter, but I left it before dashing back upstairs.

I fight the slumber on my feet and his grunts become louder, which is replaced with a cough. 

SeokJin rolls to the other side, exposing his broad, tawny shoulders. The small wound on the side of his waist pales so much to his tanned skin. My whole body was still shaking and I was glad that he covered his lower part.

"SeokJin, stay with me. Can you hear me?" I raise my voice, hoping to draw the attention of the pain from his facial expression. He lies on his back once more and I noticed his veins swelling ghastly to the soft hues of his skin. 

He smells like sage more than a stinky odor, which astounds me for a bit. 

Cracking the medical kit open, I grab for the cotton buds, red medicine and gauze. He hisses under his breath and I raise another question to keep him mildly awake.

"SeokJin, is it poison? SeokJin, don't you black out on me- I seriously don't have a health insurance for you." I fumble with the rubber gloves, examining the bloody and protruding flesh from his waist. 

Was this the work of the poison? How was I going to extract it out? Does SeokJin have an alternative to secreting the poison out?

He grabs for my shaking hand and I peer at him in perplex. The intense agony that was embedded on his face is replaced with a breathy exhale. SeokJin barely lifts his eyes and he almost slurs. 

I lean in towards him and asked him to repeat it once more.

"MinYoung ... it's s-sleeping liquid ... n-not poison."

I instantly back away and frown. He was writhing in pain just awhile ago. Why was he in intense pain if it was only a form of a sleeping medicine?

Was SeokJin trying to fight the effect of the slumber off? Had I awaken right on time to bring him in?

"W-what-? A-are you sure? SeokJin- it looks too serious to be a sleeping fluid. Isn't it poison?" I ramble once more and he simply exhales before exhibiting a tiny grin. 

I hover over his frame and check for any changes on his body temperature. Placing my palm on his forehead, he winces a bit, but I realised it's at its normal rate. I scrutinize before bringing my fingers to check his pulse and noticed that it was beating steadily. He expresses a toothy smile before gripping gently onto my wrist. 

"I'm ... not f-feeling pain ... j-just s-sleepy." He responds with a hoarse voice and I felt fed up for a bit. I had assumed that it was poison at first since any company who were eager with their jobs would do anything to protect their projects. Even to harm those innocent victims around them. They would do anything to protect their reputation, by all means.  

I released a loud groan in shame at the thought that it was poison at first. I would've called the paramedics or even bring SeokJin to the hospital, but I didn't know how to explain the cause of his injury. 

"L-let me ... hibernate ... for the day." He implies, releasing the grip on my hand before closing his eyes. My racing heart gradually steadies. The chances of having to save someone with my bare hands are one out of a million. I could always call the ambulance, yet the ending instigates from there. 

"For crying out loud, you had me worried back there. I was tempted to call the ambulance, but figured you'd say no just like the first time."

He releases a soft chuckle and I pull away, sitting back on my bum as I studied his calm demeanor. His chest was heaving up and down in a steady manner. SeokJin wasn't shaking anymore, either from the aftereffect of the liquid inside the dart. I don't know what's inside it, but judging from his reaction, he seems fine with it. 

"But SeokJin, you can't sleep on the floor. You need to wear some garments too!"

He doesn't respond and quickly falls asleep despite the silence. His light snore could easily be heard against the quiet surroundings and I almost curse at myself for overreacting. I was bound to lose myself after trying to get in contact with Father.

SeokJin is the only one that I could rely on for now. He knows what I do not know.

I sigh once more before grabbing the utensils closer to me. I lightly poke on his stomach, but there's no reaction from him. I wanted to believe what he had said. If it wasn't poison, then why were his veins evident on the wound. It didn't seem to me as if he was profusely bleeding anymore. They were drying up, but still an injury needed to be covered before it could get infected.  

I began to treat the gashes and scars on his waist, praying that the effect hadn't gone through him. I hoped that it truly wasn't poison. I'd be on the verge of screaming for no particular reason. 

Dabbing the red medicine onto the sickly, dried flesh, I try not to wince in pain. It wasn't an injury of my own. It's on SeokJin's tanned waist and he seems very reciprocative of it. 

Finishing the last steps of treating his wound, I rolled out the sufficient length and multitasked in wrapping and gently lifted his body at the same time. With effort, the gauze perfectly envelops around his waist. Softly tying the know, I throw the bloodied cotton swabs away and proceed to clean everything up.

I couldn't drag his body off the floor as one person. If I called one of my friends over, the chances of them trying to know everything would immediately be discovered. I simply left him to lie on the floor on the side of my bed. I'd have to change inside the bathroom instead of my own room. 

"There. All done." I assure to no one but to myself and head over to Father's room to grab one of his old blouses. They've been unused for quite some time and lending it to SeokJin would be put to good use. 

I return back to my room and try to think on how his sleeping frame could wear the grey blouse. I'd have to lift his body once more and slide both arms out. 

"God, SeokJin, for a half human, you make me do all the work." 

There were still a lot of questions sitting in the back of my head, waiting to be answered by this strange supernatural being. 

I proceed to clothe him and wouldn't bother taking my blanket off his lower body. I'll have to clean it later once he's wide awake and well. I push the ends of the blanket under his legs, ensuring a warm enclosure on his body. 

Feeding a werewolf after its hibernation would probably result to buying more than one full package of chicken legs. Time to feast up for this man before the upcoming evening after class. SeokJin's family members are on the line, but with him like this, I can only proceed to do some research on my side. 

Before returning back to bed, I grab the dart that was just beside his head. I was careful not to touch the end, fearful that it may graze my skin and I end up passing out to sleep too. I didn't mind sleeping for more than eight hours, yet I had classes that would begin in six hours and fifteen minutes. 

My eyes study for any initials or some sort around the dart's surface and for a bit, I wanted to punch my fist into the air.

Black Snow Co.

The small logo was small, but easily distinguishable from its mold. The crest is that of a circle with a feather inside. The dart was black coloured too and I wonder why this organization thought it was smart to print their name on it.

-

180218 - i think the plot twist comes in the next chapter, i'm not sure myself lmao