[ Unsettling Horror ]

The day transitions quickly and the messages from my phone said so. 

Both Sul Hee and Hei Ryung wondered where I was for the whole day. I didn't have the heart to lie to them and simply mentioned an unsettling horror sitting in my stomach. It wasn't a lie and it agonized my legs to move around the house. I was so focused and tensed at the diagram that I forgot about SeokJin's presence for a few minutes.

Even I felt lost amidst the thoughts of trying to gain access through to the underground floors. 

The men had been released into the wild with no train of thoughts other than recreated memories placed in their heads. SeokJin assured that everything would go smoothly as possible, but doubt sits on my shoulders despite his pleasing answer. 

I was also able to clean any fingerprints found on their clothings, which almost took me the whole day to wash them thoroughly. I know it would bring suspicion as to why they've been washed or some sort, but I'll simply come up with the lie that I accidentally spilled coffee onto their jackets. I did actually spill some coffee on purpose. 

It sounded vague yet suitable for a clumsy student like me. 

SeokJin had left the house even without my awareness. I was so cooped up with figuring out what to do without getting myself caught. Never have I ever tried to ponder so thoroughly about this matter that I thought deeply about it. Just glancing at the notes written on the side was enough to quench my stomach once again.

The radiating sunlight was setting down and so were my need to stay awake. Sleep was just waiting around the corner and dragging myself up was the opportunity received. 

Folding the piece of papers, I push myself to trudge back upstairs. 

However, a knock sounded on the door and I reprimanded the urge to groan out loudly. 

Sauntering back downstairs towards the front, I was ready to glare at the random visitor, whoever it was. My legs are worn out from standing and walking around even for a few minutes. My eyes needed the rest and my body requires the warmth.

Twisting the doorknob open, I pulled the door wide open with an open mouth. 

However, the horror that sits in the pit of my stomach convulses into utmost vexation at the familiar sight of the white hair growing from his roots. My stomach almost sinks in contradiction at the sudden appearance of my Father with a tired smile on his face. The bags under his eyes were noticeable, but that wasn't the prime focus. 

"What? Isn't my daughter going to hug me at my triumph return?" 

My eyes widened at Father's mere presence after all these years and his statement didn't astound me one bit.

At a mere loss of words, I wasn't sure how I could respond to that. Father was here, after all these years right in front of me. He aged compared to the last time that I recalled. There was a wide difference between then and now and work is the only sole reason. 

What happens with SeokJin right now?

I side-stepped out of the way without even realizing that Father has his arms wide open. I wanted to take that precious opportunity, but my legs weren't listening to me. My whole self was still stunned at Father's unremarkable timing of return. 

"Never mind my silly act then. My daughter's all grown up and I doubt a hug could compensate all these years."

"Father-" My hoarse voice croaks out and he glances at my direction. The stingy warm tears begin to brim on my eyelids as my legs grow weak. 

I held the urge to burst out crying and envelope my Father into a long-warm embrace. I wanted to tell Father how much I waited for his long awaited arrival. I wanted to shout at him for being so inconsiderate towards my developing growth. I wanted to pour out all the bottled feelings that were unconsciously kept inside this whole time.