[ Wounded ]

To leave SeokJin to eat by his own as I engross myself into replying my friend's abrupt messages was one way to distract my mind after what had happened. My friends were rather concerned after the glare from SeokJin and I had excused my worries with believable words. They were difficult to assure since it's not coming from my mouth and instead in the form of a message.

It felt as if I were their Mother afraid that she was treading on danger talking to a stranger.

They trusted me one way or another in the end. I understand how fearful they might feel, even though I lied to them that SeokJin was Father's colleague. I hope they don't question about it anymore tomorrow. I don't know what other types of white lies I could cover for SeokJin. 

Tomorrow's class begins in the bright morning and I doubt I'd try to skip it. My body aches all over the place, but I try not to move much. These classes costed Father money and I sure as heck do not want to waste it. Besides, I'm already at my final year with a few more weeks before graduating. I should be able to make memories while I'm at it, although Father's and SeokJin's family members remain in my head.

Holding adult responsibilities as well as supernatural aspects together had never crossed my mind. It seems improbable at first in wanting to finish one thing when the other depends on life and death and my timing of choices. 

If I had bailed on classes depending on the time I go 'missing', my friends would surely report a missing person case. The police would try to hunt my tracks down. My friends would probably go ballistic at my disappearance. I wouldn't even know how to come up with a proper explanation to cover up the fact that I was trying to bring my Father back. 

Unless I excuse myself of an emergency family funeral, maybe they wouldn't notice anything odd at all, for a bit. Maybe I could extend the days if I need to. Surely, it can't affect my grades and attendance. I'd flip out if I have to restart a new year again. At some extent, if the data connection is weak where my Father is and I can't respond to my friends, they'd probably be suspicious.

On the contrary, waiting until classes are over could gravely affect SeokJin's family members and even possible, Father. I wasn't sure if it too late right now. If I don't go with him and convince Father to stop this drowning work, it'd be over for SeokJin. 

Who knows what they'd do to his family members, whoever they are. 

My head aches just thinking about my priorities. I still question about my sanity and whether proceeding will I be guaranteed to come back alive or not. I know that SeokJin is part werewolf, but I am only human. 

SeokJin, on the other hand ...

I understand when one feels the sadness of the others, they'd react in some type of way that could comfort the other person. A tissue could perhaps be handed towards a crying person. Words could also be used to express one's genuine feelings. Silence is also the best way to let the stressed person release their subtle anger.

Out of all the things that SeokJin could do, I never once in my life thought of someone embrace me from behind. I admit, I was flustered at his reaction that I almost burnt one of the chicken legs from overreacting. 

I've only seen moments like these from a visual screen. I had squealed with my friends. They were good moments. Sometimes, my reaction extends for a long period to the point where my sleep is affected. I could not sleep properly at the thought of it. This is why I don't attempt to watch dramas and movies during the weekdays. 

"MinYoung."

I almost drop my phone at the abrupt voice interrupting the calming silence. I caught my phone on time before glancing at SeokJin, who held a stoic expression on his face. My heart races once more at the mere thought of talking to a werewolf in human form.